“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
4 balanced lines. Speed throughout. Guys in the lineup will step up. Grundy will punish. Torment Perry and Kane. No penalties. Wear them down.
1713667698527.gif

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
What gets me is folks saying that 11 and 8 "know how to win" and "know what it takes to win the cup". The reality is that they haven't won jack squat without Carter, Williams, Richards, Mitchell, Greene, Stoll, Regehr and Brown. They haven't won a single playoff series being "the Guys". Just because they won 10 years ago does not make them winners per say. Both HOF players, but neither has that "it" factor some of the names above carry with them when it comes to playoff hockey. It's time they show up. Action speaks louder than words.

The whole team has to be good and cohesive in the playoffs, it's never one or two guys for all sixteen wins.

Just look at Auston and the Leaf stars against Boston today.

Series is far from over but today they did not seem to have an answer and Boston's team game wore them down on the back of some good goaltending.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
some of you need to remember 1982.... you guys have the same type of team
We.re not even going to look, byeeee!
Grundstom recalled from his conditioning loan the timing of which I presume means his activation is imminent. Dell also recalled. Is that 4th one? Does it now mean Clarke only gets called up as an emergency due to injury? I’ve lost track of the recall situation at this point. If I’m right on Clarke that feels very shortsighted unless they themselves have low expectations and think he’s better off in the Calder Cup.

Clarke's defense was not worthy in the regular season, why set him up for failure in the hard hitting playoffs?

He will stay in Ontario barring injuries on D.
Can’t wait for these lines to not work AGAIN

No bueno, on paper but, the coaches may be very fluid with which line is actually #3 or #4.

Maybe a chip on the shoulder and a skilled linemate will ignite something.

They are going to need depth scoring for any chance against the Oinklers, anyway so ,

I see the chess move here.

Having Dell with the team and not with the Reign seems, like an unusual move.

Maybe they are going to go for three rolls of the dice if needed, for a shot at a good roll.
Good God that bottom 6 is ugly, Fiala with Lewis and Lizotte? Wtf. And not having a dedicated 4th line who does typical 4th line duties is just stupid

Not really, they know they will have to do something drastic and are going for it.
The same old, same old ain't gonna get it done here.
Sup boys and gals

I’m on the kings train against the oilers so will be rooting for you guys to make it to round 2

Always have a soft spot for the kings myself as I’m sure some of you may recall from many years bandwagoning past…including your cup years… I personally feel LA has better depth vs Oilers but that’s just my opinion

Re PLD… I think Dubois will show up for the playoffs…historically he’s done better the bigger the stage. He was hot and cold vs Vegas last year and was a no show when they eliminated the Jets but his first game vs Vegas…he dominated his shifts

I’m surprised you guys are still down on him…he’s had some solid stats last few games I thought?

That center depth is pretty solid…

How would you guys do the lines? Look good to me (again - I’m an outside here :laugh:)

Thanks for the input.

Dubois - Kopitar - Kempe
Arvidsson - Dubois - Moore
Fiala - Byfield - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

• Love
Reactions: roccerfeller

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He said he expected him to be ready.

It's a subtle distinction but an important one I think.

"Do you expect Carl Grundstrom to be ready (inadaudible) in the lineup?"

Hiller - I do. I do. I expect him to be ready yea ready to go.

Is Russ high?

Possibly
Hiller’s reponse is crazy. Fiala is the only player on that line with offense. Can’t wait for it to get exposed

The only reason he should be in the lineup is if he’s going to throw his body.

He explained it and it makes sense/

in theory.

Forget the Line numbers.

Hiller is going for it and for that he deserves credit.

Plus he makes in game adjustments.

But you keep praying for more Bad Times for the Kings.
If you wanted to go by analytics, these would be the optimal line combos based on xGF%

Kempe-Kopitar-Arvidsson
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Fiala-Dubois-Byfield
Lewis-Lizotte-Thomas
Grundstrom

I actually don’t dislike this,

No point in breaking up Arvidsson - Dubois _ Moore

they have been effective.

If not for them we would be facing the Dullest Stars

Last edited:

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
We.re not even going to look, byeeee!

Clarke's defense was not worthy in the regular season, why set him up for failure in the hard hitting playoffs?

He will stay in Ontario barring injuries on D.

No bueno, on paper but, the coaches may be very fluid with which line is actually #3 or #4.

Maybe a chip on the shoulder and a skilled linemate will ignite something.

They are going to need depth scoring for any chance against the Oinklers, anyway so ,

I see the chess move here.

Having Dell with the team and not with the Reign seems, like an unusual move.

Maybe they are going to go for three rolls of the dice if needed, for a shot at a good roll.

Not really, they know they will have to do something drastic and are going for it.
The same old, same old ain't gonna get it done here.

Thanks for the input.

Dubois - Kopitar - Kempe
Arvidsson - Dubois - Moore
Fiala - Byfield - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

You guys beat the oilers.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Maybe this’ll mean he’s less likely to do dumb shit against the kings. Also, surprised they revealed this.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What lineup would you ice?
It entirely depends on how Dubois is playing.

If he's playing well everything starts to fall into place.

I don't dislike the 'AI' lineup I posted. I'd put probably swap out Grundstrom/Kaliyev with Laf/Lewis/Thomas on any given night depending on who's playing well.

Reactions: Gjwrams

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Maybe this’ll mean he’s less likely to do dumb shit against the kings. Also, surprised they revealed this.

Ya, why would they reveal this? dont think it effects anything the Kings do, not like you can target inside the groin.. edit: meaning dont see it as disinformation to effect the LAK strategy

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
GKUzXiHXoAAoNPk

This is why you don't want to break up the Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe line.

If PLD is playing well you don't have to.

I get the historical average but for the last few months Byfield is not producing much and losing the puck continually.

The Oilers have seen it and handled it already

Seems Hiller has seen enough from the practice lineup, like me.

I guess its just a dream to put PLD with Kopitar and Kempe and Byfieldto 3C

Because it would expose the over professed getting a 3rd effective center mantra.
SHIT
FOR
BRAINS

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/042/334/wikihow_man_pointing_mirror.jpg

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Ya, why would they reveal this? dont think it effects anything the Kings do, not like you can target inside the groin.. edit: meaning dont see it as disinformation to effect the LAK strategy

Ya something is up with this.

Maybe trying to get sympathy calls from the refs, especially if the Kings have their sticks in and around his legs.

He will probably go down easy and feign temporary re-injury.

The team needs to talk about this and the implications of the strategy they are trying here.

It all adds up when you see how good their power play is.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Please take an Uber.

That reference escapes me, but as I'm watching Caps at Rangers right now (Washington feed), it's extremely refreshing to be able to watch some hockey without continually being tortured by Santiago, Veektor and Grandma Florence.

(If for nothing else, for these 3 ads Bally Sports deserve to go bankrupt. I thought that lame ads like that were only possible in Soviet Union rather than in Southern California.)

• Love
Reactions: The Butcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad