“The best player won the series for them,” said Sutter.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Truth. Markstrom was their best player
Came here to say this. Truth.

MacDavid was good but so was Leon. Evander Kane is also a goal per game and leading the playoffs in goals so it’s not like it was just one player. Their D made way less mistakes and they had some secondary scoring on the Hyman line too. Calgary could not contain the speed of the oilers at all.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
There's no shame in getting absolutely carried. I'd love to have a McDavid to carry my team, oilers should be proud of the young lad. That Dry Sandal guy isint too shabby either

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Drai: 17 points (3.4 ppg)
McD: 12 points (2.4 ppg)
Hyman: 8 points (1.6 ppg)
Kane: 6 points (1.2 ppg)
Nuge: 6 points (1.2 ppg)

yup, all McDavid.
In reality he should have highlighted Draisaitl as well. No McDavid, no Draisaitl, and none of those players are close with production.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There's no shame in getting absolutely carried. I'd love to have a McDavid to carry my team, oilers should be proud of the young lad. That Dry Sandal guy isint too shabby either
McDavid would carry most teams so I don’t know if that’s an insult to the oilers

Reactions: SourOil

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Opening salvo to negotiations with Johnny Hockey and Tkachuk.

Maybe coach should have told Tkachuk to give up on trying to engage Kane before Game 4.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Don't forget about Tkachuk. He did a lot to ensure the Flames lost.
Tkachuk was just a passenger all series. Whereas Markstrom did cost the flames the series with one of the worst goaltending performances in the last decade and I watch the playoffs every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad