“It looked like a big loogie. I did (see it) it was gross. It sucked that it was thrown out there.” says Weegar over thrown octopus in Calgary

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I thought I heard at the end of the broadcast one was thrown on the ice after the OT winner tonight in Seattle

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Check the tweet above. He wrapped it in plastic to his body underneath his shirt.

Stuff it down your pants, let it sit there a few hours during the game till you can throw it out at the end of the game when the Wings win.

Also, make sure to select an octopus with a good grip for throwing distance.

imagine sitting next to the person and standing in line near them

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Imagine being an intelligent, emotional creature, and some dumb ape pulls ya out the ocean, so some other dumb ape can sell ya at a market, so some yokel can chuck your corpse onto the ice in some sorta ritual to a sports god.

Sry, it’s just a waste of a good octopus. Eat it or make a documentary, don’t throw it on the ice.
Bro they mate, then wither and die. They’re doomed to something awful either way. Morgan Freeman gave us the power over all. We’ll f*** it up how we see fit.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Lets just stop with throwing stuff on the ice.
In Sweden in the 90s people threw snus on the ice if they thought the refs were bad.

snus.jpg

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
They throw the octopus on the ice only when the Wings win, right? So there is a pretty high chance that this guy and others have sat with a dead octopus under their shirt or down their pants for a whole game, only to see their team lose and leave with the knowledge that they not only have watched their team lose but also hung out with a dead animal close to their body for several hours.

Must feel like there is a looooot riding on the game at those moments.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Its not any better. Both are levels of stupid. Catfish too

Hi, yes, I would like to buy an octopus.

You making some for dinner?

Oh no, I would like to wrap it in plastic, put it under my shirt, then throw it on a sheet of ice.

To keep it cold for a long time?

No, to keep up a fan tradition that symbolizes 8 wins for the cup.

Which hasn’t been a thing for more than half a century?

Yep.

Okay….

See, just as stupid
Plastic rats or once living animals... 🤔

Storm surge however is classy AF.

It's just celebrations, lol, you may resume your outrage now.

Reactions: kevistar and Play

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Plastic rats or once living animals... 🤔

Storm surge however is classy AF.

It's just celebrations, lol, you may resume your outrage now.
Trying to compare throwing something on the ice and an after game celebration is a take.

Not as bad as someone comparing it to cars killing insects on the windshield.

Either way the surge should have ended 2 seasons ago.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Trying to compare throwing something on the ice and an after game celebration is a take.

Not as bad as someone comparing it to cars killing insects on the windshield.

Either way the surge should have ended 2 seasons ago.

C'mon don't get jaded cause your team's name is stupid and the octopus is still awesome.

#Whalers Octothrow is still awesome.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Lol gross
Been going on for years. I think it was Pittsburgh during the 08 and 09 back to back Finals that was getting super strict on trying to make sure nobody got an octopus into the games. Somebody literally taped it to their stomach, threw it early in the game, got tossed out, changed clothes, already had a second ticket bought, and went back into the game. :laugh:

I can't remember for sure if it was Pittsburgh, but it was around the time of those two playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: ecemleafs and BTO

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
So where does one buy an octopus? What are the throwing mechanics like? Does it have heft? Is it somewhat aerodynamic? Do you run a major risk of not making to the ice from 10 rows back and a poor fan in the fourth row being surprised by an octopus slapping the back of his head? So many questions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad