“It looked like a big loogie. I did (see it) it was gross. It sucked that it was thrown out there.” says Weegar over thrown octopus in Calgary

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Imagine being an octopus, knowing your corpse will be used as a symbol of glorious tradition...only to be thrown on the stinky flames' ice.

Imagine being an intelligent, emotional creature, and some dumb ape pulls ya out the ocean, so some other dumb ape can sell ya at a market, so some yokel can chuck your corpse onto the ice in some sorta ritual to a sports god.

Sry, it’s just a waste of a good octopus. Eat it or make a documentary, don’t throw it on the ice.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Imagine being an intelligent, emotional creature, and some dumb ape pulls ya out the ocean, so some other dumb ape can sell ya at a market, so some yokel can chuck your corpse onto the ice in some sorta ritual to a sports god.

Sry, it’s just a waste of a good octopus. Eat it or make a documentary, don’t throw it on the ice.
😂 Tradition is tradition. And if you think Detroit fans are yokels, wait til you hear what the hicks in Nashville throw!

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey

Seriously man I hate this. Octopi are f***ing rad. I think we should start throwing shitty people on the ice instead.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
At least it’s better than that team who throws rats on the ice.
Its not any better. Both are levels of stupid. Catfish too

Hi, yes, I would like to buy an octopus.

You making some for dinner?

Oh no, I would like to wrap it in plastic, put it under my shirt, then throw it on a sheet of ice.

To keep it cold for a long time?

No, to keep up a fan tradition that symbolizes 8 wins for the cup.

Which hasn’t been a thing for more than half a century?

Yep.

Okay….

See, just as stupid

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
It's awesome, people are mad Seattle can't do it.

Hurricanes are named after a college football team. Their Original franchise name and colors are all better. That's stupid.

Stop driving cars, planes, trains cause we're killing too many insects on the windshields for non-essential consumer goods.

Whiners!

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
It's awesome, people are mad Seattle can't do it.

Hurricanes are named after a college football team. Their Original franchise name and colors are all better. That's stupid.

Stop driving cars, planes, trains cause we're killing too many insects on the windshields for non-essential consumer goods.

Whiners!

Hurr durr, everyone’s a hippokritt evenshually

• Haha
Reactions: Sol and Snuggs

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
Its not any better. Both are levels of stupid. Catfish too

Hi, yes, I would like to buy an octopus.

You making some for dinner?

Oh no, I would like to wrap it in plastic, put it under my shirt, then throw it on a sheet of ice.

To keep it cold for a long time?

No, to keep up a fan tradition that symbolizes 8 wins for the cup.

Which hasn’t been a thing for more than half a century?

Yep.

Okay….

See, just as stupid
At least it’s better than that team who throws rats on the ice.
You guys know the rats are plastic right?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
How do u even get an octopus into a game?

Stuff it down your pants, let it sit there a few hours during the game till you can throw it out at the end of the game when the Wings win.

Also, make sure to select an octopus with a good grip for throwing distance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad