GDT: ‘Nucks host Nashville- “To Catch a Predator “ + ‘Nucks Play Strong Edition- Sat. 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ Sun. 4am CET/ 11am HKT

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Have to wonder if this is a showcase game for Hoglander. Boeser is back soon and they'll have an extra body.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Can’t say I’m surprised. Might be the right move to reset him. Although Pearson hasn’t done shit.

These dinosaur coaches and their love for Stillman.

So the team has Burroughs Dermott Rathbone Bear Stillman as options and the coach goes with probably the 2nd and 5th best options of the five... Yikes, cmon Bruce thats not where it is

Reactions: wonton15

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Curious to see how things shake out as we start getting more bodies back and have decisions to make.

Like, how are they going to get Rathbone into the lineup once Dermott is ready to go? He's the only waiver exempt player, and him and his agent are already not happy with the lack of opportunity to play. It's not a great situation.

In reality they should just be waiving Stillman.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Stillman ahead of Burroughs/Rathbone is dumb. Stillman isn't good at either end of the ice, he's physical but that's about it. He's not even a Luke Schenn type who's good at defending against the cycle and on the PK.

At least Dermott should knock him out of the lineup when he's ready.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Have to wonder if this is a showcase game for Hoglander. Boeser is back soon and they'll have an extra body.
Apparently management is higher on him than Bruce is. If the Canes like Hog then you know he’s got more to show.

Would be annoying to see them sell low on him.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
if burroughs can't keep stillman out of the lineup dermott isn't going to do it either. dermott draws in for schenn i bet. maybe bear if he has a bad game in the next few

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Critical games coming up or the Canucks (Nashville,Ottawa,Montreal)..Nashville is a team that isnt a juggernaut, and is beatable..

Canucks goaltending has to be better, as does the teams attention to defensive detail.

On a positive note, it appears that the top guns up front, all seem to be going right now (EP,Horvat,Miller,Kuz)

and just like that (I called it yesterday..)

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
if burroughs can't keep stillman out of the lineup dermott isn't going to do it either. dermott draws in for schenn i bet. maybe bear if he has a bad game in the next few
Dermott was in a non contact sweater ...he's not drawing in for anybody...Even when he's ready to go, he's not displacing Schenn.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Didn’t Podz actually look decent last game? Why scratch him now.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Garland pulled off of the Bo/JTM line...Maybe the coach saw what some of us were seeing last game.?

Good opportunity for Hogs here.

Last edited:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Curious to see how things shake out as we start getting more bodies back and have decisions to make.

Like, how are they going to get Rathbone into the lineup once Dermott is ready to go? He's the only waiver exempt player, and him and his agent are already not happy with the lack of opportunity to play. It's not a great situation.

In reality they should just be waiving Stillman.
Ive made peace with Rathbone being a lost asset.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Ive made peace with Rathbone being a lost asset.

i don't think he was ever much of an asset. people got too excited about ahl point production

still think he could be an nhl player somewhere but it'll be as a scrap heap reclamation project from some team

Reactions: MS

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
i don't think he was ever much of an asset. people got too excited about ahl point production

still think he could be an nhl player somewhere but it'll be as a scrap heap reclamation project from some team
He was an asset.

Now he is worth nothing.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Matt Boldy, Cole Caulfield...

dVRcW39.gif

Reactions: CherryToke

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think Bruce likes to send a message to younger players, when he thinks that their play is slipping a little.

That's about the only 'rationale' you can come up with for playing a career AHL'er like Dries ahead of Podkolzin.

As far as sticking with Stillman over Burroughs and Rathbone....well the 'strategy' there is anyone's guess. Bruce 'there it is' stubbornness I guess.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i think with stillman the answer is pretty simple: bruce thinks they need his physical element on the backend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad