NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread VIII: Stanley Cup Final - Panthers vs Golden Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Something has to give

Im going Vegas here because this season is like a Netflix show and with the Bruins getting the All time regular season point record - their disposed former coach will get the last laugh

Im not a big choke user because anyone here who says they never choked is a liar to us and themselves- I don’t even want to get Into my SAT scores and although I was a very good student - definitely not great I can’t tell you how many times I was prepared for a test and mind went blank on a question and didn’t come back till test over

Everyone chokes

So with that Monty choked away what would have been an amazing final

I’d rather Cassidy not win because of the I told you so crowd group
If it wasn't for Bob in the net I would have Vegas in 6, Can't see Florida pushing around that defense

Second thought, I will stick with that.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Nobody ever thought Bruce wasn't a good coach, but he lost the room. When you lose the room you have to go. Krejci wouldn't have come back. DeBrusk would probably have forced a trade. Who knows who else would have quit on him and maybe Bergeron doesn't come back either. So you can't go "what if Cassidy had not been fired" and assumed that it would all have been better. You just can't.

This is all correct and a huge indictment on the players not Bruce.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I never know where to put this post so I'll whack it in here.

As has become tradition, I try to sign off HF Boards during the off-season. Sometimes it's around the draft/free agency but I have a busy month of June coming up so with the cup final set, seems like a good time to sign off.

I think Florida will benefit from the break. They have been running hard now and between the break for their forward group who have been playing at a high pace, and their 34-year old starter, over the course of the series it should help Florida. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they are sluggish out of the gate in Game 1. The multiple "two-days off" during the final stinks for fans but will also work in Bobrovsky's favor.

Anyways I got Florida over Vegas but it's close. Bit of a pick em' series. Florida are the better story. Overall I don't really care which team wins. I could care less if Cassidy is coaching Vegas.

As for the Bruins, I think we are looking at an interesting off-season. I think at least one player most don't want to see go will be moved out for cap reasons. I want them to get younger/faster up front and beefier on D. No more guys 30+ up front, they have enough of them now. Everyone has their own off-season wish list. I want them to focus on building a better playoff team. It's gonna be a dog-fight in the Atlantic moving forward.

Anyways, I hope everyone here enjoys the finals and has a safe and happy summer!

Cheers!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If it wasn't for Bob in the net I would have Vegas in 6, Can't see Florida pushing around that defense

Second thought, I will stick with that.
If you are writing a Tale of Two Cities classic

The Bruins set the All Time record and up 3-1 the coach who replaced the loathsome bad guy coach is openly discussing with Shawn McDonagh the day before of experimenting in a clinching game like it’s already won.

Cassidy pushes all the right buttons and Jack Eichel wins Conn Smythe

It actually could happen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I never know where to put this post so I'll whack it in here.

As has become tradition, I try to sign off HF Boards during the off-season. Sometimes it's around the draft/free agency but I have a busy month of June coming up so with the cup final set, seems like a good time to sign off.

I think Florida will benefit from the break. They have been running hard now and between the break for their forward group who have been playing at a high pace, and their 34-year old starter, over the course of the series it should help Florida. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they are sluggish out of the gate in Game 1. The multiple "two-days off" during the final stinks for fans but will also work in Bobrovsky's favor.

Anyways I got Florida over Vegas but it's close. Bit of a pick em' series. Florida are the better story. Overall I don't really care which team wins. I could care less if Cassidy is coaching Vegas.

As for the Bruins, I think we are looking at an interesting off-season. I think at least one player most don't want to see go will be moved out for cap reasons. I want them to get younger/faster up front and beefier on D. No more guys 30+ up front, they have enough of them now. Everyone has their own off-season wish list. I want them to focus on building a better playoff team. It's gonna be a dog-fight in the Atlantic moving forward.

Anyways, I hope everyone here enjoys the finals and has a safe and happy summer!

Cheers!
You as well / love your insight and arguing with you almost as much.

See you next September looking forward to that 20% we disagree on and having at it - you are always classy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It should be a good series, pulling for Florida but I think Vegas wins it.
Yah I am here as well but I think the story of Cassidy as horrible to me is an amazing story

So bizarre it’s hard to imagine this played out

Vegas is built like the cap perfect team - not as good as the Bruins who you see come along once in a blue moon but Vegas has the Big D with a couple studs their, very strong interesting centers, leaders and big tenacious bottom 6

I would have loved to seen what would have happened Boston v Vegas / the Bruins healthy and coached well the most complete team reminded me of 79-83 Islanders but Vegas big tough skilled

We can only guess and I’m sure you ask 100 people you get 100 different takes

Bottom line - don’t count your chickens before they are hatched

Vegas in 5 and I believe it but I (seriously) had Bruins, Toronto, and Carolina in 5.

I believed that and I believe Vegas wipes them out

Seems only appropriate thing if you are a Bruins fan

See you down the road folks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So the old coach had lost the room and the new coach let the room run the team.Oh well I guess we will always have are greatest regular season ever .Lol
The new coach didn’t let the team run the room - just the opposite. If he did he would not Habs treated game 5 and 6 like a 12 year old came up with the lineup and lines

I’m stunned he apparently doesn’t or didn’t call his letter/leaders in and ask them what they felt about his line changes

0.0 Bergeron & Marchand would say mo we are good keep us together

This dude Monty flat out was at the intersection of overconfident/bored

When you are riding Secretatriot you not only don’t take your foot off the gas you don’t start trying things out

I was deprived of potentially the greatest final matchup in 40 years as a season ticket holder

The guy in the way of the All Time Team was their former coach who is a tremendous in gsme coach and showing up with a very good team capable of beating you

What a story lost

Reactions: Over the volcano

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The new coach didn’t let the team run the room - just the opposite. If he did he would not Habs treated game 5 and 6 like a 12 year old came up with the lineup and lines

I’m stunned he apparently doesn’t or didn’t call his letter/leaders in and ask them what they felt about his line changes

0.0 Bergeron & Marchand would say mo we are good keep us together

This dude Monty flat out was at the intersection of overconfident/bored

When you are riding Secretatriot you not only don’t take your foot off the gas you don’t start trying things out

I was deprived of potentially the greatest final matchup in 40 years as a season ticket holder

The guy in the way of the All Time Team was their former coach who is a tremendous in gsme coach and showing up with a very good team capable of beating you

What a story lost
I think he let players decide if they were healthy or not to be in the lineup,which cost them this series.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Something has to give

Im going Vegas here because this season is like a Netflix show and with the Bruins getting the All time regular season point record - their disposed former coach will get the last laugh

Im not a big choke user because anyone here who says they never choked is a liar to us and themselves- I don’t even want to get Into my SAT scores and although I was a very good student - definitely not great I can’t tell you how many times I was prepared for a test and mind went blank on a question and didn’t come back till test over

Everyone chokes

Good thing no posters were doing anything like this during the regular season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think he let players decide if they were healthy or not to be in the lineup,which cost them this series.
Nope

Not what happened at all

Those that know me know where I’m coming from

Good thing no posters were doing anything like this during the regular season.
They weren’t

I’d put it at maybe 1 % but I’d need to screen-shot of posts with date

1 % is stretching after Halloween

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Something has to give

Everyone chokes

I'd love to see Bruce win. And will happily tell the "I told you so" crowd to stop being immature if it happens.

It was time for Bruce to go. As others have said, everything has a life cycle. However, that said I liked Bruce while he was here. Seemed like a nice guy, and I have zero reason not to like him. He got shit canned (as all coaches do eventually) so to immediately go to the SCF must feel really good and feel redemptive for him personally. And why not wish good things for someone who was good to Boston.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
going to fly home and visit the cup in chelmsford when jack wins since it's the closest it'll be to the garden for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: LouJersey

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Although the two teams were fairly evenly matched, Vegas definitely deserved to win it. They did an overall good job of limiting the Stars' key offensive players. Oettinger being better and a couple more Stars' players stepping up offensively could have sent the series the other way. Vegas has been the steady Eddie of the West this season. Nothing fancy. Just solid, hard, defensive-minded hockey.

I give Vegas the edge in the SCF. Before every round I've given the edge to whoever FLA has played, so my doubting them for the fourth round in a row should be good news for FLA fans. FLA keeps overcoming the odds. Do the cats have one more life left? Should be a great series.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I actually don't give a crap about these teams, or who wins, nor did I give a crap about Dallas or Carolina.

They're good teams, of course. I just don't care about "Sunbelt" expansion clubs. Same goes for TBL, however great they were/are.

I would only add that, whatever his flaws, I hope Bruce Cassidy gets his name on the Cup.

Pierre LeBrun gathers some predictions,

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
One thing about this whole Bruce Cassidy thing. We heard how this locker room of players operates behind the scenes. Nothing against Bergeron, but him telling Monty theres no way hes sitting when up 3-1 with a legit injury speaks volumes to how the players view how their locker room should be run. If Cassidy is able to lead Vegas over the team that knocked you out in the first round, not even a year removed of being fired, maybe this team does need an overall culture change. End of an era type change.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad