NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread VIII: Stanley Cup Final - Panthers vs Golden Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Good chance we could have two expansions teams in the Western finals,Christ can the Bruins become an expansion team and get a restart.Lol

Just give me a 2015 style retool and actually identify a new core/direction and I’ll be happy

I for one am happy though that Bruce Cassidy and the golden knights beat the oilers so now a Canadian team will yet again fail to win a cup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Just give me a 2015 style retool and actually identify a new core/direction and I’ll be happy

I for one am happy though that Bruce Cassidy and the golden knights beat the oilers so now a Canadian team will yet again fail to win a cup
Canadian and kind of feel the same way ,I don’t want to see endless replays of the cup winning team .

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Clearly Bruins management (or Jake DeBrusk's family) called in a new thread because my last post got too close to the Sun.
A Seguin vs Bruce WCF would pit the two biggest scape goats of the Bruins for the past fifteen years.

You, Lou and I’s early morning bruins bashing party got cut short very quickly haha
I don't know that it's bashing it's just saying things that are uncomfortable truths I guess. We still love the team and root for them, but the team, not the players.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I may be in the minority, but I don't give two flying you-know-whats about what Bruce Cassidy and the Golden Knights do.

Although I will say, Cassidy winning a cup a year after being canned by the Bruins would be a very "Bruin-like" thing to happen. Par for the course. Kind of expected actually. Sort of like Game 7 flops on home ice.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I may be in the minority, but I don't give two flying you-know-whats about what Bruce Cassidy and the Golden Knights do.

Although I will say, Cassidy winning a cup a year after being canned by the Bruins would be a very "Bruin-like" thing to happen. Par for the course. Kind of expected actually. Sort of like Game 7 flops on home ice.
It's more that the thoery Bruce was holding the Bruins back from their ceiling with his coaching style and his word played out, they clearly wanted him gone (the players) and responded with a tremendous regular season for a players coach (which they wanted) and then rewarded him with one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. So basically this group can't win game 7's with any type of coach it seems, soooooo where do you look? At the leaders. Maybe it's the core group that's stale and not the message?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't know that it's bashing it's just saying things that are uncomfortable truths I guess. We still love the team and root for them, but the team, not the players.

Unfortunately theres too many people that are fans of players on the bruins over the team. Blows my mind how concerned people are with having certain players retire with the bruins because fans cant picture said player in another jersey, or cant trade/buyout/bury a guy because hes a good guy and good in the club house(but does nothing to impact winning.. foligno).

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
It's more that the thoery Bruce was holding the Bruins back from their ceiling with his coaching style and his word played out, they clearly wanted him gone (the players) and responded with a tremendous regular season for a players coach (which they wanted) and then rewarded him with one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. So basically this group can't win game 7's with any type of coach it seems, soooooo where do you look? At the leaders. Maybe it's the core group that's stale and not the message?
Cassidy had a part to play in 2019 SCF at the end of the day, he got outcoached by berube, the players still need to execute but he did not put them in a position to break through in game 7.

outside of goalie, although Adin Hill is still playing out of his mind it seems, this is easily the best team Cassidy has coached (VGK) and better than any of the teams Sweeny built him. He also doesn't have Peak Tampa and Washington to break through.

Him winning a Cup in VGK in the first year doesn't necessarily prove anything to me but like @BruinDust says above, its pretty par for the course for this cursed choker franchise.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I felt Cassidy worked well in Boston because he had that veteran leadership group in place, and he could focus on his strengths, x's and o's, tactics, strategy, systems, whatever you want to call it. He didn't need to be as strong as a motivator or people manager. Just my opinion in hindsight, but losing Chara in the room was probably the beginning of the end for Cassidy. Having that buffer inbetween. We all love Bergeron, but I think there is a difference between having him as that buffer vs. a guy like Chara. Different leadership styles, different personalities. One reason I don't care what Cassidy does is his time here was up, regardless of how the Bruins did this year or who replaced him.

There is probably some staleness to the core group. And by core group I include guys like Pasta, McAvoy, and Carlo who have been here 7-8 seasons now. The old core is almost gone (Chara, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand). It's one reason I'm not against moving Carlo this summer.

Is it time to explore moving Marchand? People want Hall gone to give his money to Bertuzzi. But reality is if they want to clear cap, moving the now 35-year old Marchand would be the more prudent move. He can cry and slam his helmet in frustration all he wants. But the indelible images for me will be the half-assed effort on the Game 7 OT winner. It's Marchand who gets mesmerized by the puck behind the net and loses Verhaeghe, then takes a nonchalant swipe at the puck before Verhaeghe shoots. He should of been diving at that puck to get his stick on it. It's likely fatigue more than anything but it goes back to Marchand isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore either.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
This^^. Another one of those uncomfortable truths that some dont want to hear, but need to hear.

Reactions: Gordoff

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Oilers lose yet outshoot their opponent 40-22, with their #1 goalie letting in 4 goals on 17 shots.

Feels like a team that could use a Vezina winning goalie in exchange for some picks / prospects.
Dont see how they take Ullmark with Campbell on the roster, same thing with Calgary and markstrom. Also need them to be on Ullmarks list of 16.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad