Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eh if we don’t have to give up anything and Deangelo is on a short leash it’s not a bad move.

I’m on the fence, only because I’ve seen him play closely with the Rangers and he does have the skill and will help the PP unlike Shattenkirk. I proposed him coming over here last year before all this crap started, since I knew he was on borrowed time with the emergence of Adam Fox.

It’s a risky move to bring that into the locker room. His defense is nothing special but he makes up a lot more for it than Shattenkirk on offense. But maybe just wait for Zegras and Drysdale to come up next season and both will help PP. This season will be over before you know it, and we will be focused on Oct.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
This team already needs a change of culture. Bringing in DeAngelo is not the answer.

I guess it depends on who is being sent back in exchange. If its Rico, that would be type of culture changing message BM is looking to send. And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting DeAngelo alone helps the culture.

What would you guys give up for Sam Bennett?

Max Jones or maybe Troy Terry. I'm pretty down on Terry at this point, though he's looked a bit better the last two games. I just think his psyche/confidence is fragile and decision making is poor. But he could be a nice piece for Calgary where there's more complimentary skill.

I hope that there’s a different pronunciation you’re using for the o-word, because Shattenkirk is certainly not good at offense either

He actually is pretty good at offense. Far better on the power play then any other current d-man option.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Didn’t getzlaf get in trouble for a similar thing at olympics? I’m sure he prob fairly understanding

No... Getzlaf has never had any sort of off ice character issues. He did go out drinking at the WCs in Finland and there were rumors he made a couple of arrogant statements but even if what he was rumored to have said were true it was a non event.

DeAngelo on the other hand has a history of abusing officials, was suspended for making racial slurs against his own teammate in juniors, is a proven bad teammate, shoves his extreme political views down everyone’s throat and is apparently a conspiracy theorist also. I’ve heard multiple ex players who still have ties to the league refer to him as a garbage human on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad