ZZZ... Oh we won. Habs win 2-1 vs Canes

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
How about a one-for-one swap -- Pacioretty for Toronto's Zamboni driver. That guy ALWAYS comes onto the ice at the perfect time. Time to fill that gaping hole in our roster.

I'm not joking BTW. I really think if a team makes a good offer for him we should ship him. We've been patient enough. His compete level is not up to the task of being the captain and leader of this team. Was clearly shown last year, in the last 6 games and many times in the playoffs. If we had the depth to keep him with his contract it would not be a problem but we don't. We have Byron playing on the supposed first line. A supposed first line playing 15 minutes a game. A supposed first line that wont be able to keep the pace for 82 games with this ice time. It's just not possible. We will need help later and the combo made of Patch and Plekanec just is not cutting it. It's been this way for a year now. Ideally Plakenec would be the one traded but i don't think he holds much value right now with this contract. Rolling 4 lines wont help us in the playoffs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well I guess I missed a real classic!

Quick question- Hudon made a great play on Shaw's goal. How was the est of his game?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not joking BTW. I really think if a team makes a good offer for him we should ship him. We've been patient enough. His compete level is not up to the task of being the captain and leader of this team. Was clearly shown last year, in the last 6 games and many times in the playoffs. If we had the depth to keep him with his contract it would not be a problem but we don't. We have Byron playing on the supposed first line. A supposed first line playing 15 minutes a game. A supposed first line that wont be able to keep the pace for 82 games with this ice time. It's just not possible. We will need help later and the combo made of Patch and Plekanec just is not cutting it. It's been this way for a year now. Ideally Plakenec would be the one traded but i don't think he holds much value right now with this contract. Rolling 4 lines wont help us in the playoffs.
We've been down this path before... he slumps and everyone wants to trade him. Then he goes on a tear. If we really do want to trade him, now's not the time to do it. Max can and will play much better than he is. He's always been streaky and 20 games is a really short period of time to deal a guy because he's cold.

I can understand people fretting about Plekanec, that's something to be concerned about. But Max deserves some patience and I don't think it makes sense to trade a guy like him to be honest with you. Upgrade at 2nd line center and you'll get more out of him. Or we could put him on the Galchenyuk line and rack up more points there. Dealing him isn't the answer in my opinion. Not unless it's an offer we can't refuse.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well I guess I missed a real classic!

Quick question- Hudon made a great play on Shaw's goal. How was the est of his game?

He's the polar opposite of Lars Eller, and played as such.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The second period was UGLY. Happy the Habs pulled through - same for Pacioretty.

I like Hudon, I hope he sticks.

Galchenyuk and Radulov are incredible.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I've been very impressed with Hudon so far. He doesn't give up on plays; he has deceptive speed, and he seems to have good vision. I hope he keeps it up...

I saw the highlight where he gained a step on Hainsey going wide. His skating while not elite may not hold him back as some think.

4 assists in 6 games....he is producing..

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I saw the highlight where he gained a step on Hainsey going wide. His skating while not elite may not hold him back as some think.

4 assists in 6 games....he is producing..

It won't hold him back from being an NHLer, but not sure he can become a top6 player with his skating. We'll see. If he tops off as a producing 3rd liner, I'll be more than happy.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I would have played Hudon with galchenyuk and rads, he has too much talent to be with the trash heap that is Shaw and DD but you know Therrien, he got to be da coach.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would have played Hudon with galchenyuk and rads, he has too much talent to be with the trash heap that is Shaw and DD but you know Therrien, he got to be da coach.

...Well, except that yesterday, Shaw was better than Galchenyuk and Radulov...

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Shaw was the recipient of a perfect pass from Charles and I like seeing talented players with talented players, my bad.

He still was there in front of the net with perfect timing and then getting it past a very good NHL goalie while he was being knocked down by a 220lb man.

If might not be your idea of "skill" but I can tell you that was not an easy thing to do.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Shaw was the recipient of a perfect pass from Charles and I like seeing talented players with talented players, my bad.

Shaw is talented, so your wish was granted. Please send me a PM if you're interested in discussing further, as I see absolutely no benefit to discuss about this here, since it's becoming offtopic and all.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Everytime we win

PGT is small

everytime we lose

PGT reaches 25+

i wonder what the correlation is

It's hard when the most hated DD as a point, Caspacioretty gets a goal, first super line -1 (they weren't good, just one of these night(we need them, Wow most of the time!), but winning 2-1... first of the NHL

We loss the corsi battle, should have generate post, didn't...
usual TOI has generate some post (Galchenyuk had 19:40 min on a last lost! 1g-1a, -1... way to go!)

(note: I love Galchenyuk, Btw, just when your behind, you overplay your best offensive element, always as been, didn't work out, that append most of the time)

Hope the negative post finally get balance with the positive overall result and show that we are seeing on the ice, and on the score board, standing etc.

4th on goal, 1rst of the NHL, that's something! imagine how depressing it is for any other teams...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Byron has earned his spot on the 1st line for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad