Confirmed with Link: Zucker to Nashville for 2024 6th round pick (from DAL), no retention

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Return sucks but I say good riddance. He was supposed to come in and offer secondary scoring and leadership and did neither.
He didn't have the goals but other than that I can't complain. Where do you get the impression he didn't offer leadership?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
The returns seem lackluster league-wide.
I assume trading those upcoming UFAs, no matter the return, is important for next year. A promise for future one-year signings that we will trade them to a playoff team if we aren't one.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not using retention only matters if we use it on someone else. If we don’t, then it’s ownership being cheap af which will piss me off
Prepare to be pissed :laugh:
He didn't have the goals but other than that I can't complain. Where do you get the impression he didn't offer leadership?
i swear many posters could use the same name… fly on the wall.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
LOL, I gots no smart ass comeback for that!

1709924790002.png

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Expectations too high? Maybe they thought he was a .75 ppg player instead of a .50?
I swear I spent all season thinking "oh, he's on pace for 50-55 points" and only just noticed he's not. Like, at all. Disappointing signing, disappointing return ... moving on.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I swear I spent all season thinking "oh, he's on pace for 50-55 points" and only just noticed he's not. Like, at all. Disappointing signing, disappointing return ... moving on.
He had 48 points last year with Crosby, Guentzel, Malkin, Letang types. He is on a 40 point pace this year with....well...not those guys. He hasn't been above 50pts since '17-'18.

It is pretty clear folks had expectations of Zucker being someone he wasn't. He came, he did what he does, and he was who he is. Further, I don't think the kids are worse off for being around him.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
He had 48 points last year with Crosby, Guentzel, Malkin, Letang types. He is on a 40 point pace this year with....well...not those guys. He hasn't been above 50pts since '17-'18.

It is pretty clear folks had expectations of Zucker being someone he wasn't. He came, he did what he does, and he was who he is. Further, I don't think the kids are worse off for being around him.
True. There have been better free agent signings of course, but I wouldn’t say he was toxic or anything. On a recent PHNX podcast they discussed when Maloney brought in Martin Erat. Martin Erat was toxic, didn’t want to be here, and didn’t give a single f***. That trade had an insane ripple effect that destroyed Maloney and tippet’s relationship and led to the god awful 2014-15 season.

TLDR, zucker was meh. Basically he was Derrick brassard 2.0

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad