Proposal: Zuccarello to Carolina

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Although there are reciprocal needs, it has always been hard for us to match currency.

I could see Zuc a fit, but not 1 for 1 for what we want. Also, see Zuc as a fit for Oil w/throw in RDs they need [Kampfer, Zborovsky, Sproul] for Klefbom.

Counter:
Zib, Namestnikov, Spooner, Rangers 2018 and 2019 2nds
for
Hanifin + Canes 2018 and 2019 1sts
NY can take small cap dump if nec

That is 3 immediate guys for Carolina who can pivot or W, Zib on a nice deal and N. and S. w/RFA rights; and 2 decent picks.

Rangers get the better picks, and Hani
do my Zuc deal above, and Hani and Klef w/Skjei
and our D renovation is expedited.

Not counting other moves, our C depth would include:
Nieves
Andersson
Chytil
Hayes
Lettieri
with Howden pushing

win win?
From a Ranger POV, I would do that deal however, I dont think Gorton does that deal. In the short term, that would really hurt the Rangers but help them long term. I think Dolan would have a knipshon because Dolan wants to put the best product on the ice each year to make the hi end ticket holders happy.

My counter would be Zucc and either one of the two Boston/Tampa pick for the Canes first pick 2018.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
From a Ranger POV, I would do that deal however, I dont think Gorton does that deal. In the short term, that would really hurt the Rangers but help them long term. I think Dolan would have a knipshon because Dolan wants to put the best product on the ice each year to make the hi end ticket holders happy.

My counter would be Zucc and either one of the two Boston/Tampa pick for the Canes first pick 2018.

Expensive price there.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Canes do not need to do anything. They have great team with a lot of young talent. They need to wait.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Rangers need elite talent. The higher the draft pick, the better the opportunity to obtain this talent

However, his value will significantly drop, once the offseason begins. He's set to depart as UFA, and, basically, you're only getting his rights.

Reactions: Ori

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
However, his value will significantly drop, once the offseason begins. He's set to depart as UFA, and, basically, you're only getting his rights.

That's incorrect. He's signed through next season as well, so if you trade for him, you get next season as well as his rights.

It still doesn't make sense for Carolina, but your statement is incorrect.

Reactions: SebastianAhoe

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
1 year of zuccini doesn't get you a first
Well, yes, it would. We went through this dumb rhetoric with Nash just this past deadline.Whether or not it gets the Canes 1st is a different story. And whether or not the Canes are proper trade partners for the Rangers is another different story. But I believe you're wrong in that blanket statement.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Now this is a blanket statement.....

imagesLIXE699K.jpg

Reactions: bernmeister

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The Hurricanes need a #1 center, not just a top 30 center in the League, but a guy who can take over games, say "Follow me" and lead the charge. Someone that the other team wants to specifically shut down.

They also need a starting goalie. Not a great one, average will do nicely, but a guy who can play 50 games a year, occassionally steal a game while giving the team the chance to win on most nights.

I don't watch the Rangers, is Mats Zuccarello either of these things?

Yes, Mats Zuccarello is a decent goaltender -

Reactions: Ori and RodTheBawd

SenatorFrank

Jan 8, 2014
Ottawa
Well, yes, it would. We went through this dumb rhetoric with Nash just this past deadline.Whether or not it gets the Canes 1st is a different story. And whether or not the Canes are proper trade partners for the Rangers is another different story. But I believe you're wrong in that blanket statement.

Do you know what a blanket statement is?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Maybe Anaheim might be interested and they don`t much depth in their wing position. But his value is much less now after the deadline. And I`m not certain if it`s worth to move him for a 2nd pick in 2018 or 19 draft unless Rangers and Gorton have no plans to resign him as UFA.

Anyway that is off topic since this is all about the CAR proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad