Proposal: Zuccarello To Calgary

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
What makes this happen?

Zucs is 31, still going strong. Last year of a 4.5 mil cap hit contract. Small player but grit and heart to spare. Defensively responsible and likely would sync well with Tkachuk & Backlund.

Would NYR go 1 for 1 for Calgary's (likely quite late) 1st?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I have been saying Zuccarello to Calgary all year.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't like this from the Flames. IF we are going to spend for a rental, it either should be an elite winger (like Stone) OR more realistically, it should be a centre. The biggest hole in our Top 9 is Jankowski at 5v5 (he's dynamite short-handed though). That's where we need to be spending assets IF we feel we need to.

Reactions: ESH and super6646

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I’d like Zucc, but would throw him on the 3rd line. I think a line of Neal, Bennett and Zucc would be an excellent line. With Janks, Hath and Ryan on the 4th. We have some crazy depth by adding Zuccarello at that point.

A 1st might be steep for me, and BT has been quoted that our 1st is only for a player with term. But I could see a prospect and a pick for Zucc if that could work? Something like Mangiapane and a 3rd? I believe our 2nd belongs to the Islanders if we miss the playoffs, so we might have a 2nd.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Not sure what it would take for the Flames to get Zucc, but I have to say as a life time Rangers fan he is one of my favorites of all time. I would also really enjoy watching him play for the Flames. I think he would really thrive on that team.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I know Rags fans will say this is a deal breaker, but I don’t see us dealing a 1st for him. So maybe it doesn’t get done but I also Treliving is a crafty GM so I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. Personally I’d rather get Simmonds.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I think he's a great fit for the Flames but idk what i would want to give up. I feel like his play style would mesh great with Backlund and Tkachuk which would give us an above average second line.

2nd plus our best prospect (not including Valimaki) is my offer.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If the 2019 1st is off the table, and I assume Valimaki is as well, then it'd have to be the 2020 1st+

I don't see a late 2nd round pick being the best piece coming back in a trade for Zuccarello

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
I think he's a great fit for the Flames but idk what i would want to give up. I feel like his play style would mesh great with Backlund and Tkachuk which would give us an above average second line.

2nd plus our best prospect (not including Valimaki) is my offer.
A 2nd rounder and Kylington is an overpayment imho

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Mathias Petterson + 2019 2nd + conditional 2020 2nd if Zucc re-signs or if Calgary makes it to the WCF

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Flames fans are severley undervaluing Zucc here.

In terms of return, look at the Rick Nash trade. This is more of a comparison.

2019 1st, Mid prospect, late pick and minor dump.

Reactions: dumpin

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Why to Rangers fans keep bringing up the Nash trade? You are all ignoring the Bruins overpaid so you would take Beleskey and half his contract off their hands.

Evander Kane is a much more likely comparable.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Why to Rangers fans keep bringing up the Nash trade? You are all ignoring the Bruins overpaid so you would take Beleskey and half his contract off their hands.

Evander Kane is a much more likely comparable.
Kane had more value too.

Zucc is a 20 goal and 50 point guy. He's also 31. He's playing above that this year, but also getting almost 20 minutes of ice time per game, including almost 3 minutes of pp time. His minutes will go way down on the Flames.

There is no way the Flames are giving up any of Anderson, Kylington, or Valimakki for him. They've also stated no 1st.

Zucc is really a luxury for the Flames. It's also nothing like the Nash trade. Not sure why rangers fans keep bringing it up. It was seen as bad in retrospect and involved a cap dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad