Confirmed with Link: Zuccarello Re-Signs (1 year/3.5 AAV)

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Why the **** did we sign Glass. No Glass we can give Zucc the contract he wants. Now we have an impeding UFA who just led our team in points and a bottom 5 player in the league for 3 years.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Just wondering, why can't the long-term contract be signed until 1/1?

Probably to avoid cap circumvention. If it were possible, a team could sign a good player to league minimum and immediately extend him for big money.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Ultimate Team Player, unlike others who say they love to play for the Rangers and then bolt to the highest payer

I agree with you. This is two years in a row he's done this. Now if we can just get him locked long term during this season it will be perfect. This guy really does everything the right way it's no wonder he's become a huge fan favorite. If we can keep him long term I can see him gaining almost "Graves-like" level in how much the fans like him.

Championship*

Why the **** did we sign Glass. No Glass we can give Zucc the contract he wants. Now we have an impeding UFA who just led our team in points and a bottom 5 player in the league for 3 years.

Without fail! You can set your clock to it. Literally EVERY thread.

Wolfy*

One of the few guys around the league who deserved what was coming to him as an FA takes a discount. Does anyone know Zucc's family background? This dude sure doesn't seem worried about money/security. I really hope it works out well for both him and the team in the end.

Security? :laugh:

I'm sure 3.5 million dollars is sufficient for a few years, even without an income.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hope they have some type of an under the table gentleman's agreement on the years past this upcoming one. I really don't want to lose Zuke. It's possible that the two sides said, "we can't reach a long-term agreement, so let's just do this short-term and we'll have a year to negotiate," but I really hope that there is a quiet little conspiracy to have him signed long term.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Wow. So short sighted. He can be a UFA next summer correct? Yea, that's gonna be cheap.

Edit - I guess te front office still views him as a risky sign long term? Still, a 45 point guy at 4.5 x 4 is way better than the alternative...a 6.5M+ Zucc next summer if he tops 60 points this year.

They can negotiate a long-term deal in January. I think this is actually a slick move by Sather. He gets him for a cheap cap-hit this season, and then will give him a longer term extension in January. It's a clever way of circumventing the cap by not having this year's cap-hit affect the long term average.

Sometimes you've got to read between the lines, fellas.

This is a smart move.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Lets see how well he plays this year to deserve a long term, lucrative deal. Sather is smarter than you think. Zuccarello is highly overrated by this fan base. He's a nice player, but far from a superstar.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Lets see how well he plays this year to deserve a long term, lucrative deal. Sather is smarter than you think. Zuccarello is highly overrated by this fan base. He's a nice player, but far from a superstar.

Nope.

60 point second liners with Zuc's game deserve to get locked up, especially on a team where we have sorely lacked players of his caliber.

Valiante

Jan 24, 2011
Not to step on any toes, but money isnt everything.. sports today seem to be all about the paycheck, nothing else, wtf? Tbh, I think Zucc is more concerned about playing for a "team", to get that team feeling, not if he makes 3,5 or 4-5 mill dollars a year. Growing up as a normal kid, that's a really good paycheck no matter how you look at it.

And hopefully he got a few promises about next year, if he keeps up the production.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
according to vg.no Zuccarello quote ; "I am very happy with the new contract and look forward to a new season with the Rangers. One year contract suits both parts well right now"

Much money for a norwegian sports-star. Best payed of all

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Im not as down on the term as some here are. Im sure that there's assurances of a long term deal as of January 1st.

This doesn't bother me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2