Zuccarello for Masterton Trophy?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I sure hope so. I'm just glad he is okay. Playing like he has this season after the injury has been amazing. He is also a great guy so that does not hurt his case.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
You'd think so, but then who knows what they'll do? Last year Letang came back from a stroke and lost it to a guy who basically "overcame" being bad at hockey so....

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
You'd think so, but then who knows what they'll do? Last year Letang came back from a stroke and lost it to a guy who basically "overcame" being bad at hockey so....

I'd like to point out that the trophy was never intended to be for the guy with the worst sounding health issues. Dubnyk won it based on the definition of the award. And the guy spent most of his career with the Oilers organization. Every player and fan of that team deserves a trophy for dedication because that's a tough situation.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
why? He should have won it last season before Dubnyk because he had cancer. Why should Matta win it or even be nominated this season?

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
why? He should have won it last season before Dubnyk because he had cancer. Why should Matta win it or even be nominated this season?

I'd guess this year because few weeks after that he had a 2nd shoulder injury and missed the rest of the season, played 20 games, and again this year had that freak injury in Minny game.

So cancer+ season ending shoulder surgery+ freak injury and is playing on the 1st pairing with Letang this year.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
I can't believe people are seriously arguing over who should get this pity trophy.
I'd love it if no Pens player was ever another candidate for being nominated for this one anymore.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

There's a lot of worthy people every year, and for various reasons. Brandon Davidson was a 6th round pick, and was diagnosed with cancer at 21. He's since earned a spot in the NHL, and established himself as a legit top 4 dman

duul

Jun 21, 2010
There's a lot of worthy people every year, and for various reasons. Brandon Davidson was a 6th round pick, and was diagnosed with cancer at 21. He's since earned a spot in the NHL, and established himself as a legit top 4 dman

Yea he will definitely be the Oilers nominee. Hope he wins it. He's got an incredible story.

Mutagenesis

Nucks/Isles
Jul 21, 2013
Representin' the ABQ
I'd like to point out that the trophy was never intended to be for the guy with the worst sounding health issues. Dubnyk won it based on the definition of the award. And the guy spent most of his career with the Oilers organization. Every player and fan of that team deserves a trophy for dedication because that's a tough situation.

:laugh::handclap::laugh:

Atren

Jun 29, 2011
Europe
I think Masterton trophy is great idea at first glance, but in reality I do not like it. It boils down to who had worse injury/drama/etc. and that is not something that should have winner selected. I seriously wish they would scrap it.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Yes, beaten a fake rape charge is clearly better than someone getting their skull caved in with their own blood and not being able to speak.

No, he beat a rape charge, let's leave it at that. And no one would want him to get it anyway, given everything else that is known about the guy.

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
No, he beat a rape charge, let's leave it at that. And no one would want him to get it anyway, given everything else that is known about the guy.

No he beat a FAKE rape charge. Let's leave it at that. Read up on it bro. Everything points to the girl making it up.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

I get that it must be rough to play for a team that's that bad, but surviving the Oilers makes you a candidate for the Masterson trophy?? Are you for real?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad