Zuccarello (a rare case of a good 30+ ufa signing?)

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
Hehe, I love how all those Rangers fans love him, but I remember quite a different time.

I started to follow Zucc since that year, when he looked really great on Team Norway at the Olympics and WHC, and then he moved to the NHL as a skilled and undersized euro. To say Rangers fans weren't very enthusiastic about signing the guy would be an understatement. Not that they hated him, but they were clearly sure he had no any future in the league.

So then he moved to the KHL and nobody cared, but then he got back, and Rangers fans weren't very enthusiastic (to say the least) again. But the next season he scored 59 points in 77 games and finally won the fans hearts.

I've personally always believed he's a great player, so yeah to me it's not a surprise at all how good he looks along with Kaprizov.
Back when he was known as Mats Zucarello-Assan. MZA for short haha throwback

Reactions: 1989 and NickyFotiu

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
On pace to finish season with 93 points. Previous season high was 61 points.

Insane.

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
I really, really, really wanted Dallas to resign him. He was the most impactful player on the team in the short time he was here. His influence on pushing everyone else was obvious and undeniable. He brought a spark to the team that was apparent every shift he took. It was unreal how quickly he developed chemistry with his linemates. He just felt like a constant scoring threat. I thought it was a mistake to not resign him. Easily one of my favorite FA signings in Dallas.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Rangers trading Zuccarello has to be up there among the dumbest moves in league history. At 6 million a yr he would've been a bargain for them compared to their new signings like Panarin, who actually hasn't been a better player this season. And that trade was so much against the will of their fans.

I really, really, really wanted Dallas to resign him. He was the most impactful player on the team in the short time he was here. His influence on pushing everyone else was obvious and undeniable. He brought a spark to the team that was apparent every shift he took. It was unreal how quickly he developed chemistry with his linemates. He just felt like a constant scoring threat. I thought it was a mistake to not resign him. Easily one of my favorite FA signings in Dallas.

He did get an offer from Dallas, but there was also a 1st round pick involved, would've lost it if they signed him. Zuccarello also wanted 5 years, Stars offered 4.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Rangers trading Zuccarello has to be up there among the dumbest moves in league history. At 6 million a yr he would've been a bargain for them compared to their new signings like Panarin, who actually hasn't been a better player this season. And that trade was so much against the will of their fans.
Buchnevich + Zuccarello for the same money as Panarin is making feels like more bang for the buck, more depth and more diverse risk management, that's for sure. Panarin is great, but he cannot match that package.

Not to mention McDonaugh and Miller to Tampa for peanuts, but that was a firesale deal.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Has crazy chemistry with Kaprizov.
He has crazy chemistry with everyone he plays with

With NYR when we were going deep in the playoffs for a few years he was on the dominant Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc line which was the best line NYR has had in recent memory.

Then the season he got traded, Zibanejad broke out by playing with him. Zucc was PPG up until he got traded iirc

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Zuccerello has tied his career high in points of 61, in only 51 games.

Not often that happens in your mid 30s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad