Zuccarello (a rare case of a good 30+ ufa signing?)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I really, really, really wanted Dallas to resign him. He was the most impactful player on the team in the short time he was here. His influence on pushing everyone else was obvious and undeniable. He brought a spark to the team that was apparent every shift he took. It was unreal how quickly he developed chemistry with his linemates. He just felt like a constant scoring threat. I thought it was a mistake to not resign him. Easily one of my favorite FA signings in Dallas.
If Zooks was not injured Dallas may have kept him. They also would have lost a 1st round pick if they kept him so they had Salary, injury, and draft pick issues to consider.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's still a shit signing lol, take him off Kap's line and see what happens.

Kaprizov has alot to do with Zuccarello's career season, but anyone who watches them play will know that Zucc is not a passenger. Its just that Kaprizov and him have unreal chemistry. Its not like you could just plug anyone into that spot and they have a season like Zucc is having.

I didn't like the signing of Zuccarello at first, but I can't complain about what he has brought to the team.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Kaprizov has alot to do with Zuccarello's career season, but anyone who watches them play will know that Zucc is not a passenger. Its just that Kaprizov and him have unreal chemistry. Its not like you could just plug anyone into that spot and they have a season like Zucc is having.

I didn't like the signing of Zuccarello at first, but I can't complain about what he has brought to the team.

I mean if he's helping Kap play to his max potential then that alone is worth it I guess

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zuccerello has tied his career high in points of 61, in only 51 games.

Not often that happens in your mid 30s
Not often does a player like Zucc get his first "playing next to a superstar" opportunity in his mid 30's.

I like the signing, but only because we needed to replace what we lost in Granlund. Zucc has done that. I believe Granlund would've been the better player next to Kap, but oh well, we've moved on. Zucc has earned his contract to this point, so i'm happy.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Ridiculously clutch.

Primary points/60 when down 1 (last 3 seasons)
Zuccarello 3.74
Kyrou 3.44
McDavid 3.38
Marchand 3.08
Matthews 3.04
Malkin 2.95
Stamkos 2.90
Tarasenko 2.88
Spezza 2.86
Stone 2.84

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If Zooks was not injured Dallas may have kept him. They also would have lost a 1st round pick if they kept him so they had Salary, injury, and draft pick issues to consider.

They did offer him a contract, so keeping him was obviously more important than losing a 1st. Salary about the same as he has now, but 4 yrs, he wanted 5. Dallas was worried about future cap issues.

It's still a shit signing lol, take him off Kap's line and see what happens.

Poor Kaprizov, don't do that to him. He loves Zucc....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad