KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Truth: Zito >>>>> Bergevin > Lamoriello

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I thought these were all regular season awards. The Islanders finished 12th and the Canadiens finished 18th. Did they display some sort of GM driven improvements through that? Feels like they were both pretty stagnant.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I forget, when does voting end? Has it already?
Guess what I'm aimlessly trying to ask is voters don't take into affect the playoffs?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I half expected Julien BriseBois to be among the three for his clever cap wizardry. Thankful the world is better than that.

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The one thing that sucks is an end-of-season blemish on Z's record by choosing to hold onto Judge and not dealing him at the trade deadline.
I know injuries are impossible to predict, but even in the playoffs when he was not injured he didn't show well. Not sure if there was a market for him, but it would have been nice to sell high on a pending UFA.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
No idea how Zito doesn't win this thing. Took a group that is consistently swimming in the waters of mediocrity and brought them to a level the franchise has seen maybe once or twice before, all within less than a calendar year. It's not even close.

No idea why Bergevin was even nominated lol

Reactions: harv33173

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The one thing that sucks is an end-of-season blemish on Z's record by choosing to hold onto Judge and not dealing him at the trade deadline.
I know injuries are impossible to predict, but even in the playoffs when he was not injured he didn't show well. Not sure if there was a market for him, but it would have been nice to sell high on a pending UFA.

Lol. That isn't a blemish. How much realistically would we have got back anyway for a pending goaltender.

At best, a minor quibble. And I don't think you can even call it that.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Lol. That isn't a blemish. How much realistically would we have got back anyway for a pending goaltender.

At best, a minor quibble. And I don't think you can even call it that.
Didn't Toronto pay a 3rd for David Rittick, a pending UFA goalie?
Judge was one of the best goalies in the league in some people's eyes, surely he would have fetched more than that.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
No idea how Zito doesn't win this thing. Took a group that is consistently swimming in the waters of mediocrity and brought them to a level the franchise has seen maybe once or twice before, all within less than a calendar year. It's not even close.

No idea why Bergevin was even nominated lol

Toffoli, Perry, Frolik, Caufield callup. Eric Staal trade. Merill and Gustaffson trades.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Zito hasn't earned his stripes yet. Maybe he'll win it once he isn't considered as an inexperienced GM or otherwise "lucky".

Last edited:
Reactions: zeroG

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
Zito hasn't earned his stripes yet. Maybe he'll win it once he isn't considered as an inexperienced GM or otherwise "lucky".
Like many a rotating door of wingers zito’s success can largely be attributed to our god captain selke boy Barkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad