Confirmed with Link: Zimmerman named President and CEO

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Posted in the 14-15 discussion thread, basically, I'm really glad we finally have a business person in charge of business operations.

OCTA8ON*

From patrolling neighborhoods

George_Zimmerman_Mugshot.jpg

to the new blues CEO and President
defense-rests-their-case-without-calling-george-zimmerman-to-testify.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I guess the guy I dismissed who tweeted there would be a front office shake-up was right. Sorry to him and whoever passed on his message. Hopefully, Zimmerman can get us some more money to be spend and be competitive. Otherwise, not too interested in business operations side of things.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
Nice scoop here by Nick Hand (whoever that is). What I find interesting is that Stillman said he couldn't afford to pay John Davidson, yet since JD's departure, Stillman has added significant payroll in the front office (Affleck got a new title and I assume a commensurate raise, Brett Hull was brought in and now Zimmerman).

I hope the guy is a marketing genius, but it sounds to me that Stillman realizes that revenue has to come from some other stream than just ticket sales. As a season ticket holder, I'm at the max of my budget (and patience). Sure, I can move upstairs or back a couple rows, but I want to be at ice level, so I hope they don't get cute and start adding unnecessary fees just to make a few more dollars.

If I may offer some free advice to Mr. Zimmerman...
Give Bernie a nice retirement party. His broadcast skills are painful to watch.
Get rid of Strickland on every broadcast, maybe as a weekly segment on overall hockey trends/behind the scenes stories/or a player profile feature or a future player watch segment. He has no NHL player credibility, but would do a better job with pre-recorded/scripted studio stories.
Keep JK (he's like Joe Buck in that he's the son of a St. Louis broadcast legend) and Pang is great at color.
Get Kerbs and Chase more involved in Telecasts. They both love the game, do a great job and are less homers than most broadcasters.
Put in a wireless system in Scottrade so fans can use the internet during games to look at player profiles, out of town scores/highlights, etc. I hate trying to recall a players age, draft slot, home country, stats, collegiate or junior teams and can't get a signal inside the rink.

Good luck and welcome Mr. Zimmerman!!

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Letting JD go was a big mistake I think. It just felt bad. Still burns him and jarmo Re gone. They should be here finishing what they help to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad