Zigmund Palffy

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Thanks for all the replies.

I find it interesting he's been compared to 3 players so far. Kucherov, Kane and and Mogilny. They all have elite stick handling and shots.

Also, if his career was lengthier, say, a 1000+ games, but hes a complier the rest of the way rather than adding some elite seasons, do you think he makes the HHOF?

ninakmis

Mar 12, 2021
I remember a funny story about Ziggy Palffy.. Dont know if 100% true, it is from some interwiew of other player.. (guys, sorry for my broke english, but i hope you can copy😇).

It happened after his NHL carrer, when he played in Slovakia-Skalica..
First of all, i heard this years ago and its possible, that some details are lost.. Anyway.. For the story, its important, that Ziggy was not well known as a well educated guy(tbh dont know that).. After a training, all the players in the changing room were in good mood, jokes flyed around. Just fun at all.. Some young player want to make fun of Ziggy and asks him:
"Ziggy, how far can You count?" All the changing room was quiet in the moment.. Ziggy rolled the eyes and said in full seriousness: "Guess... Till 450.." The young player asked "Why only that far?".. Ziggy just smiled and said " Thats how many millions i have in my bank account"..

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I remember a funny story about Ziggy Palffy.. Dont know if 100% true, it is from some interwiew of other player.. (guys, sorry for my broke english, but i hope you can copy😇).

It happened after his NHL carrer, when he played in Slovakia-Skalica..
First of all, i heard this years ago and its possible, that some details are lost.. Anyway.. For the story, its important, that Ziggy was not well known as a well educated guy(tbh dont know that).. After a training, all the players in the changing room were in good mood, jokes flyed around. Just fun at all.. Some young player want to make fun of Ziggy and asks him:
"Ziggy, how far can You count?" All the changing room was quiet in the moment.. Ziggy rolled the eyes and said in full seriousness: "Guess... Till 450.." The young player asked "Why only that far?".. Ziggy just smiled and said " Thats how many millions i have in my bank account"..

Actually, his answer is a proof, that he is a smart guy.

Danny46

Dec 28, 2015
Wasted career in shitty teams, should have stayed in Pittsburgh, things were about to turn around...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad