Zibs Panarin Kreider as top line?

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Watched bits and pieces of last nights game. There were extended stretches where the offense looked absolutely unstoppable. Is this a line we could expect more of moving forward? Do we have enough on other lines to still be ok especially with Fox and Trouba getting involved to help with offense?

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Im sure the hope was ONE of those 2 would be emerging as a force by now.

And I wouldn't want 2 still pretty inexperienced/slowly developing players on the same line

But if we trade for a JT miller lets say....Miller-Strome- Kaako or Laffy could potentially be a pretty good #2 line.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
There wasn't a whole lot going on 5v5, much less balanced production. The kids weren't meshing with the married pairs. The Panarin-Strome pair needed to break up for their own sakes. Going top heavy with this trio makes a lot of sense right now.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
There wasn't a whole lot going on 5v5, much less balanced production. The kids weren't meshing with the married pairs. The Panarin-Strome pair needed to break up for their own sakes. Going top heavy with this trio makes a lot of sense right now.
its a loaded top line. it should also get strome to stop playing pond hockey if hes away from panarin. id give it a go for at least a few games and see what happens.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019

I think this is a good take on the situation. And last night it certainly seemed like the right move. It just underscores the need to get another scoring forward in here. Rangers were likely banking on Kakko and/ or Laffy taking a much bigger step up by now.

I think a JT Miller or Giroux trade just makes too much sense for it not to happen. Or of course another guy who is at minumum at 25+ goal potential scorer .

Reactions: will1066

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
This belongs in the RBT imo.

Regardless of that, it's about f***ing time. They look dynamic af!

(who played the right side? Kreider or Bread?)

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
That line last night was like watching the Globetrotters. Arizona couldn’t keep up.

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea to keep them together and put Laf and Kakko with Strome as the 2nd line. They need to get those two more playing time.

Two inexperienced, slowly developing guys on the same line might not be a good idea but a JT Miller -Strome -Laffy or Kakko line might be pretty darn good as a #2 line especially with a fox or Trouba pairing behind them jumping in occasionally.

I would be pretty surprised at this point if Drury doesn't make a fairly aggressive move for a legit top 6 forward. It is becoming quite evident short of bringing Kravstov back that we really need it.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
its a loaded top line. it should also get strome to stop playing pond hockey if hes away from panarin. id give it a go for at least a few games and see what happens.
The production is already too heavy with the big four (and Fox) providing most of it. This team needs to be a tale of two teams: let the top guys and the kids play together respectively. Worst comes to worst, things get more top heavy, there is no chance a guy like Hunt smells the top 6 again, Strome's production plummets with the kids and he is jettisoned after the season, satisfying the haters.

Reactions: ecemleafs

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
If they do keep that juggernaut first line together, they should try Laf - Strome - Gauthier. Gauthier’s size and speed, mixed with willingness to go to net, would probably complement those two nicely.

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko third line

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Gallant very rarely changes his lines for good. He might do it in game but not beyond that. So I'm not holding my breath that he made this change for good. Plus, them looking great out there could also be because of the Coyotes.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Panarin and Mika should have been a thing from the start of the season. I don't see Kakko fitting in the top six with a top line of Panarin/Mika/Kreider. Adding Kakko to Strome/Laf is asking for a beating with the lack of speed on that line. Kreider/Strome/Laf or Kakko sounds better to me but for now I'll take whatever line up changes separates Panarin/Strome. The magic of those two has come to end. We've had a nice schedule in term of opponents and Panarin is having one of his worst seasons yet. The two are incredibly picky with who their RWs are and what they pulled by not passing the puck to Kakko for like the first 12 games or so was ridiculous. I would love a third line of Goodrow/Chytil/Kakko.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
If they do keep that juggernaut first line together, they should try Laf - Strome - Gauthier. Gauthier’s size and speed, mixed with willingness to go to net, would probably complement those two nicely.

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko third line

I think it just underscores the importance of replacing a Buchnevich since neither Laffy or Kakko to this point or even coming close.

Chytil/Kakko/Goodrow/Gauthier(RW)- Strome (C)- JT Miller (LW he played there a ton)

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
I think pan zib good would spread around the O more and still generate offense
Laf stro kak
Krei barron chy
No more chy at C please
I know they arent putting our 50 goal scorer on the 3rd line tho
So i guess the proposed lines r alright

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You load up one line and you make it easier for the other team to defend.
because we've been so difficult to defend with them split :laugh: We'd at the minimum improve to having 1 line at even strength that's a threat to score

For whatever reason Laffy was engaged with Strome and played well. Panarin looked revitalized. Everyone seemed to play better. In theory it would make sense to spread your attack

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Well if you use the first letter of each of their first names you could have either the MAC Line or named after the defunct car company that made sporty cars in the 70’s, the AMC Line.

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
I thought we should try this a few weeks ago. Kakko and Laf have looked best with strome and Kreider/mika have been missing buch’s playmaking. Bread is one of the best playmakers in the league.

if we do trade for someone like jt Miller, I’d prefer to spread out the offensive talent onto 3 scoring lines, but as the roster is now, they should give this a try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad