Zibanejad vs Pettersson

Who’s the better player?

• Total voters

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d take EP over Z now and in the future.
Unless Zibanejad is playing Philly of course.
I’m not really that familiar with the third player Evan Stevens though tbh.

Reactions: bh53 and HzH

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Zibanejad has quickly become one of the most overrated players in hockey

the bulk of the guys scoring over the last two years have come against the same 10-12 teams (take a guess which ones, hint, theyre not contenders)

guy went from a #2C to a top-10 center in 100 games...

Reactions: bh53 and Ignite111

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

the bulk of the guys scoring over the last two years have come against the same 10-12 teams (take a guess which ones, hint, theyre not contenders)

Why don’t you post the splits since you referenced them?

Besides, why does it matter? Points are points.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Why don’t you post the splits since you referenced them?

Besides, why does it matter? Points are points.
Points are definitely points

and I would but id have to get to it later, too nice out to sit down and go through The game logs

Im not trying to say he isnt a 1C, but hes not some top-10 C like hes been advertised as (especially without Panarin)

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Points are definitely points

and I would but id have to get to it later, too nice out to sit down and go through The game logs

Im not trying to say he isnt a 1C, but hes not some top-10 C like hes been advertised as (especially without Panarin)

E082A1EB-D24C-4F6F-B2DA-696F204D702B.jpeg

Here’s Zibby’s stat line over the last 2 seasons prior to this one compared to Matthew’s. And he played fewer games than the rest of the top 20 except for 2 other players. I’d say based on his stats he’s definitely in top 10 C territory during this time frame.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I don't know what the f*** you're babbling about. This season he's had a ridiculous amount of points against Philly. But he had Covid after effects to start the season. Last season he was on pace for about 60 goals and 100 points over 82 games, including 5 goal game against Washington. You don't hit 100 points in a season just by getting points against bad teams.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Only on HFBoards does a guy with 41 goals and 75 points in 57 games last season lose a poll to a guy who has never cracked PPG

EP going forward but right now it’s Zibanejad. Not his fault he’s played the Flyers 3 of out of 6 times since saying he finally feels like himself again. Dude has put up 16 points in 6 games since saying that but he’s still “not proven” and the first 25 games of the season where he was clearly playing at 50% completely erases what he did last year, and the year before, where he put up 74 points and led his team in scoring by 20 points, something EP40 has never come close to doing. This isn’t even mentioning the gap Zibanejad has over EP40 defensively and in goal scoring

If you say it’s EP40, you’re wrong. Going forward I take Pettersson but there’s no way you can twist him into being better right now. There is no argument for Pettersson being better right now

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Only on HFBoards does a guy with 41 goals and 75 points in 57 games last season lose a poll to a guy who has never cracked PPG

EP going forward but right now it’s Zibanejad. Not his fault he’s played the Flyers 3 of out of 6 times since saying he finally feels like himself again. Dude has put up 16 points in 6 games since saying that but he’s still “not proven” and the first 25 games of the season where he was clearly playing at 50% completely erases what he did last year, and the year before, where he put up 74 points and led his team in scoring by 20 points, something EP40 has never come close to doing. This isn’t even mentioning the gap Zibanejad has over EP40 defensively and in goal scoring

If you say it’s EP40, you’re wrong. Going forward I take Pettersson but there’s no way you can twist him into being better right now. There is no argument for Pettersson being better right now

12 of those 16 points in 6 games have come in 2 games. He's played at the level you're describing once.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
They have a 45% point share
Nice did you also know they don’t play together at 5v5 and Zibanejad led the team by 20 points the season before Panarin was here? At this point it’s like still saying Draisaitl needs McDavid

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
EP.

Like I said in other thread - I'm just unsure of who Zib is. Last year came out of nowhere, this year was pathetic to start season, and now 15 points in 5 games. Once he can convince me a bit more what his usual standard is, i'll be more likely to pick him in a comparison like this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad