Zibanejad-Shesterkin Vs Barzal-Sorokin Vs Pastrnak-Swayman

Which tandem is the best?

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers have the best forward and goalie, so that’s not a hard vote. All are good players, but I think this is clear.

Reactions: Lays

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't really know what to expect from Swayman yet. If you want to put him in the same tier as Shesterkin/Sorokin, (which I don't think is separated all that much despite who you think or want to think is better), then just really just comes down to which player you like better. Zibanejad, Barzal, Pastrnak...

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Probably Barzal - Sorokin. But I don’t know if I’m super high on either of the other goalies.
How can you be high on Sorokin but not Shesterkin when Shesterkin has played better everywhere?

Right now Shesterkin’s career NHL save percentage is higher than Sorokin’s despite playing twice as many NHL games as Sorokin. Sorokin also plays behind a Barry Trotz defense while Shesterkin played behind a David Quinn defense. The only people who say Sorokin>Shesterkin are the ones that try too hard to be different. Sure, they’re goalies and it can go either way, but how do you not pick the guy that’s done better by every measurement?

Shesterkin was also the #1 goalie in the league on breakaways, and is a better puck handler than Sorokin.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How can you be high on Sorokin but not Shesterkin when Shesterkin has played better everywhere?

Right now Shesterkin’s career NHL save percentage is higher than Sorokin’s despite playing twice as many NHL games as Sorokin. Sorokin also plays behind a Barry Trotz defense while Shesterkin played behind a David Quinn defense. The only people who say Sorokin>Shesterkin are the ones that try too hard to be different. Sure, they’re goalies and it can go either way, but how do you not pick the guy that’s done better by every measurement?

Shesterkin was also the #1 goalie in the league on breakaways, and is a better puck handler than Sorokin.

I'm not. I think Barzal is the best forward and all the goaltenders are about similar.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
How is Barzal better than Zibanejad? Zibanejad has outscored Barzal each of the last three years.
Barzal is younger, has less stars to play with (whether or not it's all the time, there are times Zibanejad and Panarin are on the ice during odd line changes), and the Islanders have been known to play "slower" levels of pace to eliminate scoring chances against. It's not like either one is miles better either way.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
How is Barzal better than Zibanejad? Zibanejad has outscored Barzal each of the last three years.
because h's flashy af and one of the best skaters in the world and Canadian and won the Calder. Nevermind that he's not on Zib's level. He can get there obviously but i feel like Barzal's reputation is way above his actual level. You'd think he's a Hart favorite the way people talk about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad