Zibanejad headshot on Bozak

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
I'm a Sens fan, I don't think it was a clean hit since the point of contract was the head.

Whether or not it is intentional is a different question though, I really don't think it was but that doesn't change the fact that a hit where the point of contact is the head is basically a head shot and whether or not the player receiving the hit is injured, whether or not it was intentional, there should be a suspension and that's on the league to set some clear rules.

If the league wants to eliminate headshots, it will have to regroup incidents where player are injured or not, where it was intentional or not, and whether the gravity of the injury is severe or not. Bottom line is a headshot is a headshot. Now, I agree that there should be different lenght based on the things I mentioned before, but at least a suspension or fine should be given to the players to let them know that it is unacceptable and that they are responsible for what they do on the ice, again intentional or not.

For what it's worth, I'd be surprised if Zibanejad didn't get a call from the league or get a warning. IIRC it's the first time Zibanejad has ever done something like this so I'm guessing the league let it go, whether it's right or not is another question, but it's the precedent they've set so far.

Great post.

Honestly, what irks me is dummies saying it was a dive. Especially considering Bozak is now missing gametime due to the hit.

Whether or not it was intentional? That's a tough one.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There is absolutely no consistency with the suspensions in this league. This absolutely deserves a suspension. Headshots are not okay, regardless of intent.

Headshots certainly are not okay, though as long as their is contact there will be some incidents where contact to the head occurs that simply aren't head shots.

I look at this play and it reminds me of Cowen/Datsyuk in a way, again no suspension warranted. You've got to understand hockey is a fast game. When a player stops up to avoid a hit or changes his path prior to contact it's not necessarily the fault of the player making contact, sometimes incidental contact happens. Unless you want to completely remove hitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad