Zib or panarin

Who’s currently more valuable

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
I’m going to run this poll again and this time around only vote if you have been watching the two play. So all the ranger fans who haven’t been watching the games please stay out of this.

Zib has been one of the most if not the most dominant player on the ice since he came back from his injury. In my eyes including Panarin.

Zib last 20 games-
21 goals (4 game winners)
11 assists

Panarin last 20 games-
5 goals (0 game winners)
19 assists

March hasn’t even been close with

Zib
11 goals / 2 assists

Panarin
0 goals / 6 assists

I heard a lot of Zibanejad has better players skating with him. Since Kreider went down he’s been skating with di Giuseppe and has had 12 goals and 2 assists in the 8 games since Kreider got hurt.

Aside from his points he playing a ton of pk, taking every big face-off and really leading the team.

so I will put this poll out one more time. It’s not who’s more talented.... it’s who’s more valuable to the team right now

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
If the question is about value and *right now* then its easily Zibanejad

Production vs salary dictates that

However one can argue its Panarin long-term as we dont know what Zibanejad will make his next contract. And im willing to bet itll be an overpayment

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017

However one can argue its Panarin long-term as we dont know what Zibanejad will make his next contract. And im willing to bet itll be an overpayment

Yea the poll was for value right now. Just watched the game that just ended and Zib was the better player on the ice again.

Down the line you are right it’s tough to tell

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017

it’s kinda scary that with his contract at 5 mil, his on ice production, his leadership, defensive play, pk time that everyone is saying panarin here.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I’m going to run this poll again and this time around only vote if you have been watching the two play. So all the ranger fans who haven’t been watching the games please stay out of this.
If you're saying this then why is this on the main boards? I'm a Tampa fan who has watched one or two of their games this season, voted for Panarin.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Didn't op make this same poll like last week? Yeah you're trying to say Zibanejad is more valuable, we get it. But making the same poll a week later isn't going to change anything lol.

Reactions: bobholly39

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Didn't op make this same poll like last week? Yeah you're trying to say Zibanejad is more valuable, we get it. But making the same poll a week later isn't going to change anything lol.

it already has... also in the time since I opened the last thread Zib was better every game and if people watched any of the games they may change their view.

Zib
9 goals
1 assist

panarin
0 goals
5 assists

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
it already has... also in the time since I opened the last thread Zib was better every game and if people watched any of the games they may change their view.

Zib
9 goals
1 assist

panarin
0 goals
5 assists

Nope, it’s still Panarin. Sweet 5 goal game though

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
If you're saying this then why is this on the main boards? I'm a Tampa fan who has watched one or two of their games this season, voted for Panarin.

yea so again this poll isn’t for you. You are one of the people skewing the poll hahaha.

Poll states only vote “if you watching them play”.

how are you expected to vote on this poll if you never watch them? are you picking based on who you like more? Season stats? Panarin being the bigger name here? Or previous years? All of which obviously not what the poll is asking....

Are you aware that in both ranger - Tampa games Zib was injured and didn’t play in either game haha.

How can you tell who’s more valuable currently when the two games you watched the rangers only one player plays. It’s possible that literally you have have not seen Zibanejad play once this year....hard to vote on a poll who’s more valuable now without seeing one of the guys play

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Mods shut it down. There are people that have never seen zibanejad play that are voting in this. The poll is shot.....

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
yea so again this poll isn’t for you. You are one of the people skewing the poll hahaha.

Poll states only vote “if you watching them play”.

how are you expected to vote on this poll if you never watch them? are you picking based on who you like more? Season stats? Panarin being the bigger name here? Or previous years? All of which obviously not what the poll is asking....

Are you aware that in both ranger - Tampa games Zib was injured and didn’t play in either game haha.

How can you tell who’s more valuable currently when the two games you watched the rangers only one player plays. It’s possible that literally you have have not seen Zibanejad play once this year....hard to vote on a poll who’s more valuable now without seeing one of the guys play
All I'm saying is that if you're looking for people who mainly watch the Rangers games, maybe the Rangers board would be the best place to do so.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Mods shut it down. There are people that have never seen zibanejad play that are voting in this. The poll is shot.....
You may be right, but there are also ranger fans who voted Panarin. Are you suggesting that they too aren’t watching ranger games?

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
All I'm saying is that if you're looking for people who mainly watch the Rangers games, maybe the Rangers board would be the best place to do so.

yea maybe your right but 90% are not ranger fans in the poll

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Zib
9 goals
1 assist

panarin
0 goals
5 assists

You realize a player could be playing better in the moment - ie on a hot streak - but it doesn't make him more valuable.

It sounds like Zib has been playing better. Good for him. Panarin has the better track record - and the much bigger likelihood of sustaining this level of play moving forward (or close to this level of play). That makes him more valuable.

Maybe Zib is the real deal and he will sustain this long-term, and a few months from now/next season - he'll be seen as more valuable. But considering value is all about perception and reputation - right now this is Panarin.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
You realize a player could be playing better in the moment - ie on a hot streak - but it doesn't make him more valuable.

It sounds like Zib has been playing better. Good for him. Panarin has the better track record - and the much bigger likelihood of sustaining this level of play moving forward (or close to this level of play). That makes him more valuable.

Maybe Zib is the real deal and he will sustain this long-term, and a few months from now/next season - he'll be seen as more valuable. But considering value is all about perception and reputation - right now this is Panarin.

What is the poll? I don't get how this is so confusing. Was this a poll for a better track record? Or who is more valuable right now? If Zib goes down the rest of the year it will hut the team more than if Panarin goes down.

As far as this hot steak is going it lasted 57 games where has 41 goals and 75 points. Im sure its gotta end tomorrow. Zib is nowhere near the real deal......

It's clear by your answer as well as others who literally haven't seen Zib play this year that all the votes are based on perception and reputation. That was not the poll is asking...

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What is the poll? I don't get how this is so confusing. Was this a poll for a better track record? Or who is more valuable right now? If Zib goes down the rest of the year it will hut the team more than if Panarin goes down.

As far as this hot steak is going it lasted 57 games where has 41 goals and 75 points. Im sure its gotta end tomorrow. Zib is nowhere near the real deal......

It's clear by your answer as well as others who literally haven't seen Zib play this year that all the votes are based on perception and reputation. That was not the poll is asking...

Depends what you mean by value. By value i took it as more valuable asset/trade value - and reputation/perception is all that really matters, and so my point stands.

If you're talking about whose more valuable on-ice to the Rangers - no idea, i certainly haven't watched rangers games to be able to intelligently compare the 2 on the season as a whole. Statistics do still give Panarin the edge for this season, which is where my vote would remain.

If you want to only address Ranger fans who are watching games regularly - you'd be better off putting a poll on the Rangers boards. Most fans here probably only catch a handful of Ranger games, if that.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Depends what you mean by value. By value i took it as more valuable asset/trade value - and reputation/perception is all that really matters, and so my point stands.

If you're talking about whose more valuable on-ice to the Rangers - no idea, i certainly haven't watched rangers games to be able to intelligently compare the 2 on the season as a whole. Statistics do still give Panarin the edge for this season, which is where my vote would remain.

If you want to only address Ranger fans who are watching games regularly - you'd be better off putting a poll on the Rangers boards. Most fans here probably only catch a handful of Ranger games, if that.

Yea it's my mistake here. Not the best place for the poll. Everyone's votes are strictly perception. Even though I said right now you still put your vote for the entire season. Which again skews the results. This poll should be shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad