Zetterberg Out of Olympics/Indefinitely

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
@garylawless 45s
Swedish media saying Zetterberg done for the tournament #bn #sochi14

Which Swedish media saying this. Source please. The media I've seen is just speculating.

Whats official though is that the Swedish medical team suspect that his old back problem has returned, and that he is day to day. But there is a big risk that he is out for the whole tournament or at least for a few games. Perhaps he'll rest the next game tomorrow.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Thats not good, I have a feeling He'll only play 45- 55 games a season for the rest of his time with the wings

Yeah Zetterberg still has 7 years left on his contract, And Franzen still has 6 years left on his contract after this season. And I'm wondering If either one will play out there contracts with there Injury history I seriously doubt It! Though I hope I'm wrong.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't know is this a good thing.

- Bad for Wings that he is having problems.
- Good for Wings that he is getting extra rest.
- Bad for Sweden that he is unavailable to play.
- Good for Finland that he is unavailable to play. :sarcasm:

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
This is legitimately awful. I hope he gets better soon.
I hope the same doesn't happen with datsyuk, I'd hate to not get them back and for them to both miss most of whats probably their last chance to play in the olympics.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Z will never be 100% again. He's not 100% now, nor was he to start this season. He was still a damn impressive player though. He's adjusted his style, and it's working for him.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Despite everything he is still great. He is unbeliavably +21 on this team and is among top 20 players in that regard, that is impressive.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Zetty's actually been one of the more impressive players this season despite missing 10 games. I am shocked to say the least. I thought he'd be dropping to a .85-90 PPG player instead of actually getting better, over the 1.00 PPG mark.

Yes his back is an issue. It was when he re-signed. However, with the new era of contracts it's becoming less and less an issue each day. Also, if you look at the difference between a peak Henrik Zetterberg is 08 for example to a Henrik Zetterberg in 14, they play a different style of sorts.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Z will never be 100% again. He's not 100% now, nor was he to start this season. He was still a damn impressive player though. He's adjusted his style, and it's working for him.

Also, ten games into the season, no one is 100% any more. It's just a question of how severe it is and how well each player can play through it. Z doesn't worry me, though. He's like Yzerman in that you put him on the ice, and he just steps up.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Also, ten games into the season, no one is 100% any more. It's just a question of how severe it is and how well each player can play through it. Z doesn't worry me, though. He's like Yzerman in that you put him on the ice, and he just steps up.

There's a major difference between being banged up like a Tatar 10 games in, and the fact that Zetterberg is dealing with lingering issues that are more serious. However I agree, Zetty does step up.

I'm more worried about Datsyuk long-term now to be honest.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Can't blame it on the Olympic trip unless he slept on a jacked up bed...he could've had that back injury flare up in a Wings uni. Might have a date with the knife in the near future.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why does this thread seem so much like Zetterberg's never going to play again...

I just got home from work. Did I miss something?

Last edited:

NyquistIsMyGod*

Why does this thread seem so much like Zetterberg's never going to play again...

I just got home from work. Did I miss something?

Zetty's day-to-day with back issues. Many are looking at the long-term effects. Pretty much it. I think Z's still good for 70 games and points a season. His style is not the same as it was when he was 27.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Haha. There isn't a meme for that by now? ;)

I had to.

45999587.jpg

Just messing with you, Mindfly. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce