Zetterberg jumping elbow to the head on Pageau (Oct 30 game)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Looks bad, he should get multiple games but its hard to tell with star players.

More importantly though, thanks OP for waiting until you had a gif before posting this thread. :laugh:

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
Looks bad, he should get multiple games but its hard to tell with star players.

More importantly though, thanks OP for waiting until you had a gif before posting this thread. :laugh:

So true, not having to wait for it is great :nod:

That hit seemed really ugly...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pageau is small and does look like he had his head somewhat down, but why the **** the Zetterberg have to jump into the hit?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Unless I see another angle Zetterburg is gone for 2-5 games. That was willful attempt to injure.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
This is from Friday's game, and the two teams played again on Saturday.

Is the NHL even reviewing this play?

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
So Stone's gonna get suspended and this probably won't even get a call from the league.

...ok then

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He could try and use the James Neal excuse 'I was jumping to try and avoid contact'... at least jumping over Pageau is semi-possible... as opposed to the 6'4 guy Neal hit while 'jumping to avoid contact.'

On a serious note though he should be suspended. 2 games probably due to his lack of previous. And I say that with Zetterberg being one of my favourite non-Flyers.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
This is from Friday's game, and the two teams played again on Saturday.

Is the NHL even reviewing this play?

Are you serious? How does the league justify that? Anyone getting suspended for a flying elbow after this should just serve up this play and argue they didnt suspend Zetterburg. Hell not even a fine.:amazed:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Are you serious? How does the league justify that? Anyone getting suspended for a flying elbow after this should just serve up this play and argue they didnt suspend Zetterburg. Hell not even a fine.:amazed:

Are you serious? You're asking how the NHL justifies some of the things it does, and not others. We could be here all week looking at things they should have done and didn't.

My point is that the OP made this thread look like this just developed, but this is from Friday night in Detroit. Sens and Wings played again on Saturday, so....why didn't anyone notice this hit on Friday, the way HF "usually" works.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Are you serious? You're asking how the NHL justifies some of the things it does, and not others. We could be here all week looking at things they should have done and didn't.

My point is that the OP made this thread look like this just developed, but this is from Friday night in Detroit. Sens and Wings played again on Saturday, so....why didn't anyone notice this hit on Friday, the way HF "usually" works.

I for one do not have a chance to watch every single game in the league. I know I can't speak for others, but most of us probably didn't even know it happened, until OP questioned it.

I personally think its blatant and am kinda surprised there was no supplementary discipline involved.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
Yikes. That should have been a suspension for that hit. Given how the league work nothing is going to happen.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

who cares why? It doesn't matter....

as usual certain players/teams not only get preferential treatment from officials but the league as well....

TERRIBLE

Zetts should sit for 5 games minimum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad