Zemgus Girgensons

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is there a better example of ‘How is this guy still in the league’? I was shocked to see he’s still around

Former 14th pick from a decade ago, cracked 20 points twice, been through what feels like 3-4 iterations of Sabres rebuilds.

Hes not at all noticeable in any Sabre game I’ve seen.

(Now watch him score a hat against my team tonight)

Reactions: DitchMarner

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Is there a better example of ‘How is this guy still in the league’? I was shocked to see he’s still around

Former 14th pick from a decade ago, cracked 20 points twice, been through what feels like 3-4 iterations of Sabres rebuilds.

Girgs is a workhorse.

He belongs in league

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He’s a perfectly fine 4th line grinder. He plays D, plays the body, forechecks, and doesn’t do anything dumb. What a weird thread, not everyone is gonna be offense only.

Kind of my point, i found it odd for that kind of a player to consistently stick around so long, especially the same team through multiple rebuilds.

Sounds like it’s just me though…

Didn’t ’mean it like “this guy sucks why is he still playing”

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

Is there a better example of a poster that doesn’t know what he/she is talking about?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

Another in a long line of fabulous posts from Filthy Dangles.. /s

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Kind of my point, i found it odd for that kind of a player to consistently stick around so long, especially the same team through multiple rebuilds.

hmmmmm

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

Then you obviously don’t watch much Sabres hockey. The guy doesn’t take a shift off. He didn’t live up to his draft pedigree but is exactly the type who f bottom 6 player teams drool over for the playoffs.

Was he too rough on your team tonight?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy2020

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
He could play 4th line on a contending team, he is great at what he does. Shot suppression machine who is super strong along the walls and never takes a shift off.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Girgensons is the type of player everyone would be surprised how much he returned from a contender at the trade deadline if the Sabres made him available. Guy is a warrior, an excellent defensive forward, and a strong forechecker. I'm glad he's stuck it out here in Buffalo through all the terrible years.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He's the 1 player that has definitely paid the dues and has earned the right to be in Buffalo as they finally come out of the wilderness and in to the playoffs.
Of all the roster issues the Sabres have had over this now closing Era of Suffering, Girgensons was definitely not a contributor to that suffering.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC

Nah, it isn't just you. It just sounds progressive and hip to say he's fine and you're ignorant "lol".

As a Sabres fan, he's fine for what he does but he definitely is a disappointment in terms of the pick that we spent on him. He's got hands of cement and a lousy shot but he's a good character guy so it's not like he's bad for the team. But at the same time, it's bizarre for people to not call him a disappointment. He was supposed to become a Kunitz-type or someone who could at least contribute offensively and that has never been the case.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad