zeke's Official Top-20 Center Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
he did say pretty clearly it wasn't meant to be ranking going forward. Pretty sure it was supposed to be a ranking of these players over the last two years as of that precise moment, which is perfectly reasonable

Saying it isn't about going forward usually means you aren't taking potential or age related decline into the equation though. I think that's a little different than taking into account the regular fluctuations of a player's prime. When you rank players on what they are currently, I think there should be a reasonable sense of them continuing the play they had over the sample you're judging them on for the next season or half season. In that sense there needs to be some predictive quality, or else there's no point. If Kadri doesn't perform like a top 20 center from the point the rankings were made to any point going forward, then he wasn't really a top 20 center at the time it was made (assuming one agrees with the analysis). He would have only been at some point in the time period the rankings were covering. It's kind of the problem with purely statistical rankings, because we can only truly judge players on what's already happened.

I suppose you could argue Zeke is only putting out the numbers, and it's up to us on how we want to interpret their future implications. And that's fine. But there did seem to be a sense from a lot of posters that it's proof of the Leafs having 3 number 1 centers, or 3 top 20 centers, which would only make sense if it was predictive for this season.

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
How else is one supposed to point out someone being wrong without waiting to see how certain players perform this season? The OP insisted on Kadri's ranking, so no one could say "you're wrong" at the time of original posting because the season hadn't started yet.

Now that we're 50+ games in, there's more evidence of whether he was right or wrong with his ranking (and insistence of him being right to rank him that highly).

If I'd made a thread of the Top 5 wingers in hockey and included Jake Guentzel on it because of his playoffs, someone would be well within their right to bump that thread at this point when he wasn't producing like a Top 5 winger.
I guess it's because I can't imagine myself going back and digging up a thread from six months ago just to tell someone that they were wrong. To me, personally, the only reason for doing that is to rub in the fact that the person was wrong, which is my point. Who cares? People are wrong on these forums every single day. It's part and parcel.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Zeke, I was a bit confused by the offensive centres as I was looking at the PPG if you just kinda wanted to know whom was the best when they were out there. I got...

McDavid
MacKinnon
Malkin
Giroux * (a lot of time on wing)
Crosby
Stamkos
Matthews
Scheifele
Bergeron (!)
Tavares
Eichel
Kuznetsov
----- ppg cut-off
Monahan
Barzal
Barkov
Kopitar
Aho
Backstrom
Getzlaf
Couturier

Petrersson hasn't played enough while Draisatl is mostly a winger

So am not quite sure how you came up with your list.

Ryan O'Reilly says hi

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I guess it's because I can't imagine myself going back and digging up a thread from six months ago just to tell someone that they were wrong. To me, personally, the only reason for doing that is to rub in the fact that the person was wrong, which is my point. Who cares? People are wrong on these forums every single day. It's part and parcel.

In fairness, I think part of that is the way zeke can come across. When debating with him, he makes it quite clear you're always wrong and he's always right. So I'm sure there's a tendency for people who discuss things with him to want to point out when he's wrong more than if it was just some random person made a rankings, but was more willing to admit if he was wrong about something.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yeah, if you're going to present a "Top 20 centers in the league" list, but then say that it wasn't meant to be reflective of how they'd play this season, then what is the point in the first place?

I thought the entire point of zeke doing it was (paraphrasing) him mentioning that since there's been a bunch of lists about who are the Top 10, Top 20 centers going into the season, he's putting his own list out. So if that's the case, then how is his list *not* supposed to be based on who the Top 20 centers for the upcoming season will be?
What it literally is, is a list of centers with specific stats given specific weights over the past two seasons, in order to come up with a relative ranking among them.

And try as he may he couldn't figure out a way to get Kardi out of a top 20 position.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I just don't see the need to rub it in his face months later over future results when he never claimed his list was meant to be predictive. in fact, he specifies the exact opposite. there's still value in ranking the top players over a certain time period, even if you disagree

It was meant to be a funny post that would subsequently bring up further discussion.

For the record, this was his statement:

the funny thing is that there isn't a stat of any kind, anywhere, that says Kadri is anything less than a #1C.

not one.

And this is flat out wrong either way. The average Stanley Cup winning #1C over the past 10 years was either a 90 point (96 adjusted pts) or a 70 point (77 adjusted pts) scoring Selke winner.

Kadri, comparably, was coming off a season of 55 points (56 adjusted) and prior to that, a season of 61 points (67 adjusted). He's 10-15 points away from the Selke winning #1Cs (and miles away from them defensively), and 30-35 points away from the non-Selke winning #1Cs.

Those stats pretty comfortably say that Kadri doesn't belong. To say that there isn't one stat of any kind anywhere that says Kadri is anything less than a #1C was laughable at the time and that's being proven as Kadri is regressing further from his anomalous 16-17 season and closer to his career mean.

If you simply sorted by centers from 16-18, Kadri would rank 28th in points per game. Just last season, he ranked 32nd in points and 35th in points per game. The reason that people had such an issue with Kadri being in the top-20 among centers isn't because everybody hates Toronto but because he just flat out isn't that good and he's showing it this season. Somebody like Malkin is having a down season and still has 23 points more than Kadri. Somebody like Kuznetsov is having a down year and he still has 11 more points than Kadri - both have played fewer games. zeke's strong defense of Kadri, and in particular the statement made above there, were both very flawed. If one ranked by just points over the two seasons, then yes, Kadri would make the cut-off. If one used just zeke's model, then yes, Kadri would make the cut-off. With a different model, there is a great chance that Kadri doesn't show up on the list. For those who rank the players by how they feel about them and don't have any strong feelings either way, there is a great chance that Kadri doesn't end up on the list.

This thread was inherently flawed from the start. The cut-off of 14 ESTOI/GP is fishy and makes me wonder if there were any specific players below the mark. Just checking, looks like it just barely excluded players like Mikael Backlund, Mika Zibanejad, Logan Couture, William Karlsson and Nico Hischier.

Nico Hischier in particular ranked above Nazem Kadri in the following metrics: ESP/60, ESP1/60, xGF%, Rel xGF%, CF%, Rel CF%. The only stat where Kadri was superior to Hischier was TOI% QoC and that was by a grand total of 00.01%. Using the exact method that zeke used for these calculations, Nico Hischier would have absolutely crushed Kadri in these rankings and he probably would have finished within the top-10 or even higher. Of course, he wasn't included in the list, because he didn't meet the arbitrary 14 ESTOI/GP. He played 13.36 TOI/GP, which was enough to disqualify him. Part of me certainly wonders if that cut-off was made after seeing where Hischier ranked. (And now, part of me also wonders what kind of player Hischier might become, but that's for a different thread.)

But according to corsica, none of Barzal/Koivu/Kadri/Monahan/Bergeron actually met that criteria either, which makes me wonder where he really decided to cut it off. All of those guys were super close but played like 13.8 at even strength according to corsica. So I guess when he said 14 ESTOI/GP, he rounded up from 13.5. Which is fair but I still don't understand the need for such a high and arbitrary cutoff point.

The extremely high emphasis placed on QoC also feels like it was done intentionally to flatter the 3 Leafs on the list and hurt players like Kuznetsov/Barzal/Malkin. I personally believe that facing tougher competition and being deployed in a tougher role makes things harder for certain players but I haven't seen enough statistical evidence to quantify just how much it does. I've actually observed a strong positive correlation between TOI% QoC and GF% among players.

TOIQo-Cto-GF.png

(This is 5V5 among 1,279 skaters with at least 1000 TOI from 2007-2009.)

Now, a large portion of this is going to be just because the best players face the toughest competition. If you look at the tops of the TOI% QoC list, it's filled with superstars like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Toews, Sundin, Thornton, Kopitar, etc. I'm not doubting that TOI% QoC makes things more difficult, but I'm not convinced the effect is anywhere near as prevalent as this thread makes it out to be. ZSR% is actually something with a clear trend line (higher ZSR%->higher GF%), but And we're now observing a player like Kadri, who switched over to a lesser role with easier QoC, and he isn't producing well. (As zeke mentioned in PM, he's doing better in possession. But scoring is more important and he isn't producing well.) That's a big reason why it probably isn't fair to use TOI QoC so heavily - it is far too punishing of players like Barzal/Malkin/Kuznetsov who can't entirely help their situation, and far too friendly to players like Kadri who take tougher minutes and don't really do anything too special.

If somebody could find an accurate QoC adjuster - perhaps some sort of model that rates how possession and production increase or drop among specific players in seasons where their QoC is higher or lower, then I would be open to using it in this sort of manner. In this case, just ranking every player by where their QoC ranks, and giving that more value than any other metric, is just unfair.

I don't need to go into detail as to why excluding PP is just not the way to go. Anybody who watched last year's playoffs should be aware of what a strong PP can do. Evgeny Kuznetsov's work on the PP in the playoffs was marvelous and a perfect example of what wins hockey games. Yet none of it will be included on this list for two reasons: it excludes the playoffs and it excludes special teams.

And on to my next point, excluding the playoffs is just flat out wrong. It's also very flattering to Tavares, Matthews, and Kadri. After all, Tavares hasn't played a single playoff game in the past two years, Matthews has 7 points in 13 playoff games, and Kadri has cost his team as many goals with suspension level penalties as he has scored. (Kadri has 4 points in 10 playoff games and has been suspended for 3 games.) Meanwhile, Malkin and Kuznetsov both have Conn Smythe level, PPG+ playoff runs. The two of them combined for 60 playoff points in their two runs and that gets completely ignored because of how OP decided to structure this thread. I can't attack Matthews/Kadri/Tavares for their teams not getting into the playoffs or going far when they get there, but I can compare their combined 11 points in 23 playoff games to Kuznetsov/Malkin's combined 78 points in 71 games.

That's what ultimately makes this list bad: it completely excludes power play and it completely excludes the playoffs and it completely excludes any player who doesn't meet a certain arbitrary cut-off that the 3 Leafs just happen to meet. Anybody who watches hockey knows how important a playoff power play is. Any hockey fan who has watched their team fail in the playoffs can always look back to one crucial power play where their team just couldn't manage to score. Power play scoring in the playoffs is very often what separates winning teams from losing teams. The playoffs as a whole is what separates the big boys and the pretenders.

However, that long post up there isn't what people like to see as my explanation of why I don't agree at all with this list. I commend the stats based approach and the work that was put in but it's not a great list. That has been pretty much proven by the respective seasons of Kadri/Kuznetsov/Malkin - all of which have struggled, but two of whom are still at a totally different level in their play. So it's quicker and funnier to just laugh about Kadri's current season because he never really belonged here.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
yeah uh destroying lower qoc isn't worse than doing a bit better than higher qoc. terrible list.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It was meant to be a funny post that would subsequently bring up further discussion.

And this is flat out wrong either way. The average Stanley Cup winning #1C over the past 10 years was either a 90 point (96 adjusted pts) or a 70 point (77 adjusted pts) scoring Selke winner.

Kadri, comparably, was coming off a season of 55 points (56 adjusted) and prior to that, a season of 61 points (67 adjusted). He's 10-15 points away from the Selke winning #1Cs (and miles away from them defensively), and 30-35 points away from the non-Selke winning #1Cs.

Those stats pretty comfortably say that Kadri doesn't belong. To say that there isn't one stat of any kind anywhere that says Kadri is anything less than a #1C was laughable at the time and that's being proven as Kadri is regressing further from his anomalous 16-17 season and closer to his career mean.

If you simply sorted by centers from 16-18, Kadri would rank 28th in points per game. Just last season, he ranked 32nd in points and 35th in points per game. The reason that people had such an issue with Kadri being in the top-20 among centers isn't because everybody hates Toronto but because he just flat out isn't that good and he's showing it this season. Somebody like Malkin is having a down season and still has 23 points more than Kadri. Somebody like Kuznetsov is having a down year and he still has 11 more points than Kadri - both have played fewer games. zeke's strong defense of Kadri, and in particular the statement made above there, were both very flawed. If one ranked by just points over the two seasons, then yes, Kadri would make the cut-off. If one used just zeke's model, then yes, Kadri would make the cut-off. With a different model, there is a great chance that Kadri doesn't show up on the list. For those who rank the players by how they feel about them and don't have any strong feelings either way, there is a great chance that Kadri doesn't end up on the list.

This thread was inherently flawed from the start. The cut-off of 14 ESTOI/GP is fishy and makes me wonder if there were any specific players below the mark. Just checking, looks like it just barely excluded players like Mikael Backlund, Mika Zibanejad, Logan Couture, William Karlsson and Nico Hischier.

Nico Hischier in particular ranked above Nazem Kadri in the following metrics: ESP/60, ESP1/60, xGF%, Rel xGF%, CF%, Rel CF%. The only stat where Kadri was superior to Hischier was TOI% QoC and that was by a grand total of 00.01%. Using the exact method that zeke used for these calculations, Nico Hischier would have absolutely crushed Kadri in these rankings and he probably would have finished within the top-10 or even higher. Of course, he wasn't included in the list, because he didn't meet the arbitrary 14 ESTOI/GP. He played 13.36 TOI/GP, which was enough to disqualify him. Part of me certainly wonders if that cut-off was made after seeing where Hischier ranked. (And now, part of me also wonders what kind of player Hischier might become, but that's for a different thread.)

But according to corsica, none of Barzal/Koivu/Kadri/Monahan/Bergeron actually met that criteria either, which makes me wonder where he really decided to cut it off. All of those guys were super close but played like 13.8 at even strength according to corsica. So I guess when he said 14 ESTOI/GP, he rounded up from 13.5. Which is fair but I still don't understand the need for such a high and arbitrary cutoff point.

The extremely high emphasis placed on QoC also feels like it was done intentionally to flatter the 3 Leafs on the list and hurt players like Kuznetsov/Barzal/Malkin. I personally believe that facing tougher competition and being deployed in a tougher role makes things harder for certain players but I haven't seen enough statistical evidence to quantify just how much it does. I've actually observed a strong positive correlation between TOI% QoC and GF% among players.

TOIQo-Cto-GF.png

Now, a large portion of this is going to be just because the best players face the toughest competition. If you look at the tops of the TOI% QoC list, it's filled with superstars like Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Toews, Sundin, Thornton, Kopitar, etc. I'm not doubting that TOI% QoC makes things more difficult, but I'm not convinced the effect is anywhere near as prevalent as this thread makes it out to be. ZSR% is actually something with a clear trend line (higher ZSR%->higher GF%), but And we're now observing a player like Kadri, who switched over to a lesser role with easier QoC, and he isn't producing well. (As zeke mentioned in PM, he's doing better in possession. But scoring is more important and he isn't producing well.) That's a big reason why it probably isn't fair to use TOI QoC so heavily - it is far too punishing of players like Barzal/Malkin/Kuznetsov who can't entirely help their situation, and far too friendly to players like Kadri who take tougher minutes and don't really do anything too special.

If somebody could find an accurate QoC adjuster - perhaps some sort of model that rates how possession and production increase or drop among specific players in seasons where their QoC is higher or lower, then I would be open to using it in this sort of manner. In this case, just ranking every player by where their QoC ranks, and giving that more value than any other metric, is just unfair.

I don't need to go into detail as to why excluding PP is just not the way to go. Anybody who watched last year's playoffs should be aware of what a strong PP can do. Evgeny Kuznetsov's work on the PP in the playoffs was marvelous and a perfect example of what wins hockey games. Yet none of it will be included on this list for two reasons: it excludes the playoffs and it excludes special teams.

And on to my next point, excluding the playoffs is just flat out wrong. It's also very flattering to Tavares, Matthews, and Kadri. After all, Tavares hasn't played a single playoff game in the past two years, Matthews has 7 points in 13 playoff games, and Kadri has cost his team as many goals with suspension level penalties as he has scored. (Kadri has 4 points in 10 playoff games and has been suspended for 3 games.) Meanwhile, Malkin and Kuznetsov both have Conn Smythe level, PPG+ playoff runs. The two of them combined for 60 playoff points in their two runs and that gets completely ignored because of how OP decided to structure this thread. I can't attack Matthews/Kadri/Tavares for their teams not getting into the playoffs or going far when they get there, but I can compare their combined 11 points in 23 playoff games to Kuznetsov/Malkin's combined 78 points in 71 games.

That's what ultimately makes this list bad: it completely excludes power play and it completely excludes the playoffs and it completely excludes any player who doesn't meet a certain arbitrary cut-off that the 3 Leafs just happen to meet. Anybody who watches hockey knows how important a playoff power play is. Any hockey fan who has watched their team fail in the playoffs can always look back to one crucial power play where their team just couldn't manage to score. Power play scoring in the playoffs is very often what separates winning teams from losing teams. The playoffs as a whole is what separates the big boys and the pretenders.

However, that long post up there isn't what people like to see as my explanation of why I don't agree at all with this list. I commend the stats based approach and the work that was put in but it's not a great list. That has been pretty much proven by the respective seasons of Kadri/Kuznetsov/Malkin - all of which have struggled, but two of whom are still at a totally different level in their play. So it's quicker and funnier to just laugh about Kadri's current season because he never really belonged here.

Oh my heavens.

Thank you for taking the time to investigate and explain what many of us suspected.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ER89

Jul 25, 2018

TOIQo-Cto-GF.png

Don't agree with you much usually, but fully appreciate your effort in this post. Well done mate. Having said that, not everything is done to make the leafs players look good.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

TOIQo-Cto-GF.png

Nicely done. Like @Flair Hay mentioned, many of us suspected there was something fishy with the methodology, but couldn't be bothered to research it.

I've said this before in the nicest way possible, zeke would make a fantastic defense lawyer, especially because he makes the lies he tells sound so believable.

Last edited:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
HFBoards bend the knee to your Leaf Center Gods. 3 #1C's unprecedented in NHL history.

I don’t have a dog in this race, but this is not really unprecedented in league history, not even in Leaf history. Depending on what criteria a person uses to evaluate players of course.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
And by official, I mean mine, of course.

So after all the fighting on the other threads, i tried to crank out a stats-based Center ranking, but nothing too fancy. At the same time it's both complicated and simple.

NOTE: IF YOU HATE STATS JUST SKIP TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE FINAL RANKINGS

Here's how I approached it.

I looked at the last 2 seasons. This imo is the best combo of "recent" and "good sample size" to judge a player's current value. But it's not perfect, of course, especially when it comes to very young or old players. But it's a good place to start. Second, I put an absolute cutoff at a minimum of 14 ES minutes played per game.

So firstly, I used "Offense" as my most basic criteria for the list of "top centers". i.e. to be a top center, you have to score like one, and if you can't score, you're not a top center no matter how good you are defensively. To judge offense, I used the even strength p/60 and p1/60 stats - basically I ranked the top-30 centers in p/60, and the top-30 centers in p1/60, and then combined the ranks. I know some people might complain about ignoring PP production, but imo PP production is way too noisy and small sample and any offensive ability the players have should show up at even strength anyways. But that wasn't enough - I wanted to adjust this offense for quality of competition as well - so that guys with easier matchups didn't get extra credit. I used opponents' ice time (TOIqoc) to judge quality of competition, and combined it with the scoring ranks. Note that this used their league-wide TOIqoc ranks, of all centers who played minimum 14es mpg. Here's the list of Top Offensive Centers I came up with:

Top Offensive Centers Last 2yrs

1.McDavid 7
2.MacKinnon 22
3.Scheifele 25
4.Crosby 27
5.Matthews 31
6.Barkov 33
7.Malkin 34
8.Stamkos 37
9.Tavares 40
10.Getzlaf 41
11.Backstrom 46
11.Couturier 46
13.Kopitar 48
13.Barzal 48
15.Toews 49
15.Monahan 49
17.Kuznetsov 52
18.Seguin 54
19.Kadri 56
20.Staal 58
21.Bergeron 60
22.Eichel 60
23.Point 68
24.Duchene 72
25.Stastny 72
26.Zetterberg 73
27.Krejci 89
28.Horvat 92

Some surprises on this list when QOC is factored in - namely, that a guy like Toews is still quite good offensively, while guys like Malkin and Kuz really get hammered for going up against much easier competition than most of the others.

Secondly, I wanted to factor in Possession. This was a bit more complicated, but basically I averaged out zone/score adjusted CF% and xGF% and ranked them, and then averaged out zone/score adjusted CFrel and xGFrel and ranked them......and then combined their ranks. Now key here is that I kind of cheated - because I was using OFFENSE as the main determinant of "top center", I didn't look at league-wide possession, but I only looked at the 28 centers who made the Offense list and ranked their possession against each other. I think the basic principal makes sense, though of course my execution of it is pretty hacktastic. And then, again, I needed to adjust for Quality of Competition, so once again I combined the averaged possession ranks with the TOIqoc ranks, and ranked these 28 centers' possession against each other:

Last 2yrs best offensive centers in order of Possession:

1.Bergeron 10
2.McDavid 12
3.Crosby 18
4.Couturier 21
5.Kopitar 28
6.Toews 29
7.Barkov 30
8.Scheifele 32
9.Tavares 39
10.Backstrom 39
11.MacKinnon 41
12.Getzlaf 44
13.Stastny 49
14.Staal 51
15.Kadri 54
16.Stamkos 55
17.Matthews 57
18.Point 59
19.Zetterberg 60
20.Seguin 61
21.Barzal 61
22.Malkin 70
23.Monahan 71
24.Duchene 72
25.Eichel 74
26.Kuznetsov 82
27.Krejci 83
28.Horvat 87

this seems to pass the smell test to me. all the guys with the great defensive reputations are right at the top, while the guys at the bottom are the guys you expect.

So now with these two lists, I just combined the qoc-adjusted offense and the qoc-adjusted possession, and it spat out this list:

ZEKE'S PERFECT TOP-20 CENTER RANKINGS

1.McDavid 19
2.Crosby 45
3.Scheifele 57
4.Barkov 63
5.MacKinnon 63
6.Couturier 67
7.Bergeron 70
8.Kopitar 76
9.Toews 78
10.Tavares 79
11.Getzlaf 85
12.Backstrom 85
13.Matthews 88
14.Stamkos 92
15.Malkin 104
16.Staal 109
17.Barzal 109
18.Kadri 110
19.Seguin 115
20.Monahan 120

Some guys stick out in surprising ways here - Couturier comes out looking really, really good, while a guy like Malkin drops way down. Guys like Kuznetsov and Eichel don't even make the list at all. Thing is, I don't have any problem with any of those results. In the end, I love how the list rewards guys like Barkov and Bergeron while also acknowledging the question marks on guys like Malkin and Barzal.

Note, though, that this isn't a prediction of which centers are necessarily the best RIGHT NOW, heading into THIS SEASON. To do that I would want to add in some kind of Age adjustment, which would favor which would bump up kids like Eichel, Barzal, Matthews while knocking down guys like Backstrom and Staal a bit.

So what do you think? does my list beat the NHL's? or the famous Hockey Guy's?

or is it poop?

No poop here. Some surprises but you really break down certain nuances and this draws definitive analytics results to materialize your list. Can't dispute that and I wouldn't begin to try! Yes, to all you Sabre fans who think Jack Eichel is Gold and would deserve a McDavid-level like return on the trade market, reality of numbers can burn hey! Sean Monahan on Flames is higher value last 2 seasons and should be equal value, straight up 1-for-1,,never mind requesting Johnny Gaudreau and a 1st Rd pick along with Monahan. And Monahan is almost 4 million less salary per season for 3 more years, and he is only 3 years older!
Anyways, very good work on this, sir! Impressive.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
No poop here. Some surprises but you really break down certain nuances and this draws definitive analytics results to materialize your list. Can't dispute that and I wouldn't begin to try! Yes, to all you Sabre fans who think Jack Eichel is Gold and would deserve a McDavid-level like return on the trade market, reality of numbers can burn hey! Sean Monahan on Flames is higher value last 2 seasons and should be equal value, straight up 1-for-1,,never mind requesting Johnny Gaudreau and a 1st Rd pick along with Monahan. And Monahan is almost 4 million less salary per season for 3 more years, and he is only 3 years older!

The OP was created before the 18/19 season....

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Eichel is worth more than Monahan and Gaudreau combined...

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014

TOIQo-Cto-GF.png

Dude your awesome. I fully admit I'm from the non-analytic generation and have yet to assimilate but thank you for always putting in the work to expose people who manipulate data to further an agenda and pull the wool over laymen like me.
The fact that you also prove just how friggen good Petey has nothing to do with my comipliment

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’d like to see something like this re-done for the last two seasons and see how the lists have changed/remained. I’d also like to see a list that doesn’t just focus on the offensive side but factors defensive contribution and offensive contribution and weighs them each (if not equally, 60/40 or 65/35 or something).

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Funny how you're such a big fan of even strength scoring now. When Phil Kessel was on the Leafs and putting up 30% of his points on the powerplay you didn't feel that way. Now that Matthews is the Leafs best player and struggling on powerplay, you don't think powerplay points count at all.

Erm... Matthews was 12th in the league for PPP and 6th for PPG this season?

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad