• Zegras

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No one said that, Read again.

Style of play is discussed.
I haven’t read everything so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt but when it comes to Bergeron being named in a Suzuki discussion, it gives me PTSD of JC Lajoie and Ron Fournier

It doesn’t beat the “we could get Makar for Price” though

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Suzuki is simply nowhere near the playmaker he needs to be to overcome his allergy to shooting the puck. That will always limit his offense.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Close poll imo and those saying one, or the other that it's "not even close" and then I see who said it, it's clear they don't know what they're talking about as they've seemingly never did when I see them post here.

But, that's what I expect every day I come here to read content.

A few good posters who break things down to show their point at least and then people who just say "this, ainec" and then laugh when someone calls them out because they're not sure what else to do.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
As others have said about Habs players, they've done really well under St. Louis (specifically Caufield). Lets see how Zegras does defensively under a coach that's not Eakins before calling him a horrible defensive player when it could be the system (or lack there of). Now I'm not saying Zegras will be great or anything, but he may/should be better than the last couple of seasons. If he swaps from C, it's not because he can't play the position... it's that he can play wing and the Ducks have two guys who are much bigger and harder to push around than Z is (and probably better defensively and on faceoffs).

At the moment, it probably comes down to what you prefer (better offensive potential or better 2 way). As I said (I think) earlier in the thread, Zegras is a much better fit for the Ducks and it's not close. That doesn't have to do with the on ice play necessarily, but the ability to draw fans into the building (something the Habs don't have to worry about). His personality/marketability and flashy play are better than Suzuki, I don't think anyone is going to argue that. That's what Anaheim needs as they have other centers that will likely play the role that Suzuki will play in Montreal.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Zegras is 2 years younger and has put up better numbers in the last 2 years.

He hasn't stood out defensively, but I think everyone on the Ducks gets a fresh start defensively now that Eakins is gone...
better numbers as in less goals and less points then Suzuki in the last 2 years !?!?

• Haha
Reactions: EquivalentStay

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Zegras has been trash this season.
Try tuning into a game instead of just goal and assists watching. Unlucky injury or he would’ve been around a ppg no doubt rest of the season. Was playing fine before and after his last injury.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I'd pick Suzuki right now. Suzuki has proven to be way more consistent so far, but Zegras definitely has more talent.

On a Cup team Nick would center a second line. However, if Zegras reached his potential, he'd be on a first line in the same scenario.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
My boi Suzuki AINEC

Zegras is an amazing talent but he's inconsistant and this year, frankly, he has been bad.

Suzuki is a reliable player with a lot of talent, with and without the puck, and he's a great leader, to boot. Best Habs player since Kovalev. (Aside from Price, obviously)

I would love to have Zegras on the Habs, but it would be a downgrade to go from Suzuki to Zegras

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Try tuning into a game instead of just goal and assists watching. Unlucky injury or he would’ve been around a ppg no doubt rest of the season. Was playing fine before and after his last injury.

Suzuki don't get injured and he's almost PPG...
And he's better defensively than Zegras too.

Zegras might have a better potential, but as far as real impact on the game, this season, it's Suzuki all the way

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Suzuki don't get injured and he's almost PPG...
And he's better defensively than Zegras too.

Zegras might have a better potential, but as far as real impact on the game, this season, it's Suzuki all the way
Wasn’t arguing the Zegras Suzuki portion. It’s been Suzuki this season I’d agree with that but from a Ducks standpoint we need Z more right now for our build.

I was just answering the “Zegras has been trash this season” post which is not even close unless you only looked at his goals and assists and nothing else at all.

Anyone who has watched him and taken his metrics to match the eye test would tell you he’s improved both ends of the ice and it was a matter of time before points came. Started to happen since he’s been back until now with this unlucky injury unfortunately

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I have certainly watched a few and he was mostly invisible. I didn’t know about the injury so I can understand a bit more on that front.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I have certainly watched a few and he was mostly invisible. I didn’t know about the injury so I can understand a bit more on that front.
Missed camp. Played 12 games. Was benched in one period. Made him better. Other then that he was fine getting tons of chances just no puck luck was shooting like 3%. At some point during those 12 games he got hurt and tried to play through. Ended up missing 20 games. Came back and had 5 points in 7 games was starting to buzz along offensively while playing half responsible as well. Then last nights freak injury happened.

Was there a couple tough moments during the learning curve for Cronins system? Definitely. Although since his benching the intense coach has pretty much talked about how much he likes his game and how it’s coming along.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Pretty close but I give the edge to Suzuki because of durability.

The fact Zegras is 2 years younger doesn't mean much as he stalled around the 60-65 pts mark the past 2 years. Same thing for Suzuki.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Pretty close but I give the edge to Suzuki because of durability.

The fact Zegras is 2 years younger doesn't mean much as he stalled around the 60-65 pts mark the past 2 years. Same thing for Suzuki.
Suzuki has increased each season little by little with additional added responsibilities:

Career:

41 P (71GP) = 0.58 PPG
41 P (56 GP) = 0.73 PPG
61 P (82 GP) = 0.74 PPG
66 P (82 GP) = 0.80 PPG

Current season:

34 P (40 GP) = 0.85 PPG

Both Suzuki and Zegras have played on teams with low support and help. I can add either player to a team with more support and their raw totals would most likely increase.

This year is the first serious blip for either player (Zegras). All the other years look the same for both players (slowly improving with minimal support).

Missing training and the start of the season with injury and then coming back late is hard when everyone else has adjusted and is moving at a faster pace. I wouldn't hold it against Zegras until it becomes a pattern (without missing the start of the year).

I still think Nick is and will be the better overall player (complete game) but I would trade for Zegras right now in a second. Good to great production with minimal support is hard to find. 65 points is much harder to do on the Ducks and Habs than it is on other top scoring teams. Zegras will be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad