Ze Futbol Thread! Good things come to those who wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Just gonna post this again.

If the offense executed this was a route. One or 2 defensive lapses is all that kept the game close outside of that.

I’m just glad the ravens are 6-5. Regardless of how they got there.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Like I said...we didnt even have a primetime game all year. Thats weird for the Steelers. Luckily got two more coming up as well.

All I care about is Defense staying healthy and the offense getting more experience.

First things first is seeing how bad the Dupree injury is.

Week 1 against the Giants was MNF. If the receivers catch the ball, the lack of running game isn't as big a deal. If they continue to drop the ball, this team will struggle to beat good teams, regardless of how the defense plays.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Some of the worst WR play I've seen in Pittsburgh since like before Santonio Holmes probably. Kudos to Ben for keeping his composure in the face of such incompetence.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I watch football for entertainment purposes. I don't really care how specifically the Steelers do because I'm not a huge Steelers fan. In terms of entertainment value, this game was horrid. The loss to the Jaguars in the playoffs may be a "worse" loss in the eyes of Steelers fans, but this game was the worst I've seen in a long time in terms of entertainment.

Tomlin being an idiot in the eyes of some doesn't really have anything to do with entertainment value for me.

Bro, once again, it’s obvious you haven’t watched many Steeler games under Tomlin.

You may have found it to be the most boring game you ever watched in some time, but you will find few Steeler fans that agree with you.

There is once again, a whole slew of Tomlin specials that were way more mind numbing and almost put me into a coma.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
People walk off on torn ACLs all the time
Rarely have I seen someone walk on a torn ACL. It literally keeps your knee in place. I’ve seen people try and fall over with their leg bending in half though.

if I had to guess it’s MCL or some type of sprain. If it is ACL it has to be minor.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Steelers are overdosing on these short passes. Should they run the ball more? A little, yes. Should Ben be throwing the ball like 5-10 yards down the field a lot more often? Absolutely. BR7+Fichtner have let the "omg 2.2 second release time" stuff go to their heads a little bit.

We are actively playing for 4-yard pass plays. You need to go 3/3 on those to make first downs. No bad throws, no drops, no batted-down-at-LOS.

I get this dink & dunk philosophy but you have to throw intermediate sometimes.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Can we not go a year without a major injury? Bush and Dupree (and Banner) with torn ACLs. Brutal. I at least have more faith in Highsmith than I do in Spillane.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
The Steelers are overdosing on these short passes. Should they run the ball more? A little, yes. Should Ben be throwing the ball like 5-10 yards down the field a lot more often? Absolutely. BR7+Fichtner have let the "omg 2.2 second release time" stuff go to their heads a little bit.

We are actively playing for 4-yard pass plays. You need to go 3/3 on those to make first downs. No bad throws, no drops, no batted-down-at-LOS.

I get this dink & dunk philosophy but you have to throw intermediate sometimes.

Agreed about intermediate throws, but our run game is so bad I think the dink and dunk is far more effective.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Well I stand corrected on that one. Would never have guessed ACL. That’s a massive massive blow.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
As I’ve said from the start once it was proven out of control and having to be continually pushed back it should have been a forfeit. This game shouldn’t have been played and it cost the guy a big payday.

A butterfly flaps its wings and Bud tears his ACL. It happens. It could've just as easily happened sans COVID outbreak.

Reactions: That1Kid

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
WPXI just confirmed it's a torn ACL.

Alex Highsmith...it is now your time. Very curious to see how that impacts his value in free agency.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Bush and Dupree both blowing out their own knees with no one touching them is really something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia