Proposal: Zdeno Chara

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Do you like the thought of Z. Chara patrolling the back end?

What would you pay to get him.

He has a NTC so any trade would need to be approved.

Don't see the Flames going after him. More like a team like Anaheim, or Pittsburgh.. If Boston trades him

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Despite the Flames being a playoff bound team, we are still rebuilding. Is it logical to suggest that we are in a position to spend the necessary futures it would cost to land Chara? Why on earth would we move a top prospect and likely a 1st for a couple years of Chara? Furthermore, if the Bruins move Chara they are basically throwing in the towel on their season. Hamiliton is not quite ready to assume top pairing minutes either and the B's are still very much in a playoff hunt. So you are proposing they move their leader and backbone of their team..

It is horrendously foolish from either side and that is without even getting into the logistics of what it would cost.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Despite the Flames being a playoff bound team, we are still rebuilding. Is it logical to suggest that we are in a position to spend the necessary futures it would cost to land Chara? Why on earth would we move a top prospect and likely a 1st for a couple years of Chara? Furthermore, if the Bruins move Chara they are basically throwing in the towel on their season. Hamiliton is not quite ready to assume top pairing minutes either and the B's are still very much in a playoff hunt. So you are proposing they move their leader and backbone of their team..

It is horrendously foolish from either side and that is without even getting into the logistics of what it would cost.
Nailed it.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
As tempting as having the Chara Smash is, the price to aquire would make no sense for us. Wideman + Reinhart is highest I'd go.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Since the knee injury his wheels are shot. Guys contract is way too long for how long he likely has left to play in this league. His skating isn't nearly what it used to be, and it's certainly not getting better.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Do you like the thought of Z. Chara patrolling the back end?

What would you pay to get him.

I would consider Dennis Wideman straight up, add a 4th or 5th if they're willing to eat 1-2 mil in cap hit (or maybe take on Stajan's contract which is about the same length, less cap hit). I think he'd be a very good fit beside Kris Russell, but his contract runs through to years where we need to re-up core pieces so I'm just not willing to give up a whole lot. I certainly wouldn't give up any D prospects.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd rather keep Wideman. Dennis is doing really well here, he fits Hartleys system. Chara has some question marks with the recent injury. Keep the guy who's doing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad