Confirmed with Link: Zaitsev waived

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Being waived doesn't mean you're being sent to the AHL.

Would not be surprised that he’s kept on the roster for the foreseeable future, same as Zack Smith was.
Are roster limits based on assignment? So if a roster player is waived is the roster spot only available if they get assigned to the AHL?

At the very least it should give the team the flexibility to call up and send down players. If I understand it correctly a player would need to go through waivers before their roster spot can be officially available. That in this situation the Sens couldn't actually call anyone else up until one of these players cleared waivers.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
All good assessments AFAIC. However I don't see personnel (not player personnel anyway) as the problem with our PP. It's how stale the scheme is and poor zone entries.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lassi up for a game or two and let him fire some rockets from the point. None of Chabot, Brannstrom or Sanderson seem to show any interest in shooting the puck with any regularity.
I think it would more have to do with shaking things up and trying to spark the team to a win. Kind of like how they called up JBD to shake things up on defense.

The other advantage is that if a forward like Greig or Sokolov demonstrated that they were ready to make the jump it could make a forward expendable in a trade to upgrade the d.

Joseph has been ok but so far this season he has shown a replaceable skill set. If someone could steal his spot then maybe he could be a valuable trade piece for a top 4 d.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hoping someone takes him, same as Smith.

He’ll report to Belleville if that’s the plan, same as Murray and Del Zotto.

Well, if they're really hoping someone takes him is that they have no idea how this NHL thing works, like even less than I thought

Gotcha. Seems worth it if the plan is to send him down, but expecting anyone to even consider grabbing him seems ridiculous.

They'd literally have to be delusional

Better players have been attached with valuable assets and for less term to. No one is taking him (unless a team wants to clearly state that they are tanking?)

I don't know if people remember but Zack Smith being waived was embarrassing, like if the guy needed to be thrown under the whole NHL bus to know he was struggling. It's really kicking someone while he's down. Zaitsev is not going to suddenly be that Elite defender they have been waiting for.

This management I tell you :laugh:

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Hoping someone takes him, same as Smith.

He’ll report to Belleville if that’s the plan, same as Murray and Del Zotto.
If he clears waivers does that mean that if he is traded to another team he wouldn't have to clear there too? I thought I read somewhere here that clearing waivers can change conditions on trades and waivers going forward..or something.

Reactions: OD99

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I dunno Philly is still winning games and not the bottom dweller they were expected to be. Hoping they grab him just to stick to the tank
I'm sorry, but its not happening. No chance. MAYBE if he didn't have the extra year, but even then, I'd be surprised.
Well, if they're really hoping someone takes him is that they have no idea how this NHL thing works, like even less than I thought

They'd literally have to be delusional

Better players have been attached with valuable assets and for less term to. No one is taking him (unless a team wants to clearly state that they are tanking?)
You might want to have a word with the poster above... lol

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Very disappointed with this.

Zaitsev is a terrific player that any of the other 31 teams would want to claim off of waivers.

(ANY TEAM at all!)

Reactions: Dionysus

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This probably won't get a lot of positive sentiment from other posters but I like that this team did right by Zaitsev. They didn't railroad him and turn him into a pariah right from the get go, they quietly sat him out until there was an injury and gave him the generous opportunity to play himself back into a role. The experiment was short-lived and now we can all hopefully move on without any hard feelings.

There's a lot to be said about the way people get treated by this organization, whether they are the type who are contributing or not. And I think we lost a lot of the goodwill and professionalism that Murray brought to his role as the head of the organization. Something we sorely need to bring back to cultivate this team's perception around the league among the players and staffs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
waving.gif

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Totally forgot the “Zaitsev is good if his bonus is paid (he will on the making 2.5) and he’s on the third pair” crew. Damn that’s a massive L

Reactions: Bileur

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It takes 24 hours to clear. I assume this is done now so that once Zub is ready he can be brought right off IR and Player 22 can be sent down. I’m fairly certain once a player clears he is waiver exempt for 30 days.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Elite defenders like Zaitsev don't go on waivers very often. I am sure DJ Smith will be shocked if he is not claimed.

Sens fans will rejoice and celebrate!

If he gets Del Zotto'd to the AHL and I never see him again, oh well I can live with that and sleep well at night.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This probably won't get a lot of positive sentiment from other posters but I like that this team did right by Zaitsev. They didn't railroad him and turn him into a pariah right from the get go, they quietly sat him out until there was an injury and gave him the generous opportunity to play himself back into a role. The experiment was short-lived and now we can all hopefully move on without any hard feelings.

There's a lot to be said about the way people get treated by this organization, whether they are the type who are contributing or not. And I think we lost a lot of the goodwill and professionalism that Murray brought to his role as the head of the organization. Something we sorely need to bring back to cultivate this team's perception around the league among the players and staffs.

Well said. He was given ample opportunity to show he could still play. No one can say he wasn't given a chance.

And you're right. Treating people in the organization well and being a classy organization is a good thing, even if it may cost us a few points here and there. Much better putting money to a business that you knows treats people well and does things the right way. We often forget that player, coaches and staff are human beings.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Waivers, you used to be cool.
Maybe he comes back and they give Chabot's "A" to him like they did after they waived Zach Smith and got flack for it.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
praying-kingsley-smith.gif

DJ praying before bed tonight that Zaitsev goes unclaimed so he gets to keep his rock on the backend
Zaitsev as deployed as our #6D last year and has been deployed as our #7D this year. This narrative that DJ adores Zaitsev is based on nothing other than him publicly supporting the player.

oh sweet jesus please be true

It's uh... it's not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad