Value of: Zaitsev to Vancouver

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
No it's not

Bolland was literally unable to play ad in career ending injury anf Bickell had MS so he was about to have his career ended too

It's not the same at all

The point is that they're all cap dumps to a certain extent. Zaitsev is a bottom pairing dman at best, getting paid top 4 money, has long term, and looks to be declining. Why would anyone take that contract on without a decent add?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The point is that they're all cap dumps to a certain extent. Zaitsev is a bottom pairing dman at best, getting paid top 4 money, has long term, and looks to be declining. Why would anyone take that contract on without a decent add?

Ask Elliott Freidman that question he's the one reporting Toronto won't need to add assets and he's pretty damn credible

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
That's gross. Canucks can't afford to give a piece like Gaudette up for older players.

Yes they can afford to give up Gaudette for older players. He had 12 P, his upside is a 3rd line center.

In a few years if Canucks are still struggling. Canucks can trade Kadri and I can close to guarantee you that they can get a bottom 6 forward asset back like Gaudette.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Yes they can afford to give up Gaudette for older players. He had 12 P, his upside is a 3rd line center.

In a few years if Canucks are still struggling. Canucks can trade Kadri and I can close to guarantee you that they can get a bottom 6 forward asset back like Gaudette.
Using the 'muh points' argument against a 22 year old in his first year in the NHL that averaged only slightly more than 10 minutes of ice time a game is pretty shortsighted imo.

Plus, you're ****ing on M2B's, the prince of HfCanucks, favourite player. That doubles his value in any trade. You absolute hate bigot.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

I do kind of disagree. Zaitsev at best he is a number 4, he is not the best at handling puck and gives the puck away a lot but he can play in a shut down role and look effective for some long stretches. Bottom pairing D can't play a shut down role. However that being said I don't think Canucks should get him. Canucks need offence from the defence, they can't have another guy back there that can't put up points. I rather go after Colin Miller.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, Vancouver wants to trade for Zaitsev and then is going to convince Tryamkin to come to the league next season to get Double Nikita pair.

Reactions: teddygmr

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Using the 'muh points' argument against a 22 year old in his first year in the NHL that averaged only slightly more than 10 minutes of ice time a game is pretty shortsighted imo.

Plus, you're ****ing on M2B's, the prince of HfCanucks, favourite player. That doubles his value in any trade. You absolute hate bigot.

I did write Gaudette upside is a 3rd line center. So that's why I have no problem trading him. With Kadri and if Canucks can get another winger they can ice 3 scoring lines. Something Canucks can't do with any of Gaudette Sutter/Beagle centering a line.

Anyway your last paragraph I have no idea what you said.

Reactions: DL44

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I did write Gaudette upside is a 3rd line center. So that's why I have no problem trading him. With Kadri and if Canucks can get another winger they can ice 3 scoring lines. Something Canucks can't do with any of Gaudette Sutter/Beagle centering a line.

Anyway your last paragraph I have no idea what you said.
He's a fine player, but I don't want to be hitched to yet another terrible contract in Zaitsev, while also giving up a promising young centre like Gaudette. I'd rather sign Lee in free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad