Seravalli: Zadorov thinks he can get 6X6

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Old Frank was interviewed recently and he said that Zadorov thinks he can get 6X6.

I don't think 6X6 is out there, I think 5X6 might be, maybe 5.5X5, because he is big, and mobile for his size, and he's under 30, so I do think he's going to get a nice contract I just don't think it reaches 6X6

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yup. Zadorov will go to July 1 and a club will offer him close to 40 million.

Reactions: Laus723

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
People are thinking far too much that the cap bumps this summer and next are going to give clubs infinite flexibility and cap space without factoring in the salary inflation that is coming to offset that extra room.

Unless a team has most of its core and a good bit of its depth already signed to long-term contracts, teams are going to have to get used to middle-six forwards and second-pairing defense getting paid. It's going to eat up the supposed extra room to breathe for GMs fast.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Go get that bag Zads. Some GM will immensely regret this contract within a couple years especially if they don’t play man defence but love Zads so good for him if he gets it or close to it

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He'll get it. He's' been an absolute Chad in the playoffs and a pure beefcake of a human being.

He's exactly what contending teams want on their blueline. The Leafs need this dude but I don't know their cap situation well enough. I would think they're a much better team with Zadorov and an actual goalie with the Marner cap space

Reactions: River Meadow

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
People are thinking far too much that the cap bumps this summer and next are going to give clubs infinite flexibility and cap space without factoring in the salary inflation that is coming to offset that extra room.

Unless a team has most of its core and a good bit of its depth already signed to long-term contracts, teams are going to have to get used to middle-six forwards and second-pairing defense getting paid. It's going to eat up the supposed extra room to breathe for GMs fast.
You're probably right, people need to also consider what Utah becoming a "spend to the cap" team will do to the money in the market though. They could raise the bar on a few top free agents and there will be a trickle down.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He’ll probably get it. There’s a lot of free flowing cash this offseason. GMs are probably going to be real dumb with it circa 2016.

But how can you justify giving that to a guy that has predominately played on the third pairing, even if he is having a great playoffs? Red flags all over the place.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Any team that pays Nikita Zadorov for 6 seasons at $6mil per season will probably regret doing so by the end of the 1 year of the contract.

Zadorov is built more for playoff hockey.

If he does require a 6x6 deal it shouldn’t come with a no trade or no move clause.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad