Weekes: Zadorov requested a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Buddy doesn't seem the calibre of player to go around asking for trades without a VERY good reason.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up here seeing as he's one of Treliving guys.

Hopefully he comes with Chris Tanev or Markstrom too because the Leafs don't have a perfect defense, not by a long shot but holy shit do they need a goaltender.

Reactions: Puckstuff

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Probably a combination of the locker room drama and the Flames not being interested in talking about an extension.

He sees the writing on the wall.

I will miss him though, he is the one upcoming free agent who actually wanted to sign in Calgary.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It's best to wait until the trade deadline before moving him. He's a pending UFA and will probably bring the highest return then.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
How good is Zadorov? Legit top 4 guy?
Honestly, he's a solid #5 that can play in the top four here and there but struggles massively defensively in extended stints against serious competition. But he still wants to be paid like like a bonafide top four guy (5M+) which is why the Flames, in what is frankly a pleasant surprise, weren't all that keen on re-signing him.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Honestly, he's a solid #5 that can play in the top four here and there but struggles massively defensively in extended stints against serious competition. But he still wants to be paid like like a bonafide top four guy (5M+) which is why the Flames, in what is frankly a pleasant surprise, weren't all that keen on re-signing him.

Is it an IQ issue or what? He’s a good skater for the size.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

Thanks.

Lots of smoke the Canucks covet him, but to me it doesn't make a ton of sense given we signed Soucy to a multi-year deal who is kinda that same caliber of player.

Love Zads game but if were giving up assets Tanev makes alot more sense, we need a righty.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Flames defense core is going to look real ugly after they trade Tanev, Hanifin and Zadorov by the deadline.

Gilbert - Weegar
Solovyov - Andersson
Osterle - DeSimone

Yikes.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The agent leaked that Zaddy had approached the Flames for an extension, recently the Flames stop negotiating extensions, and now he asked for a trade. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
He wants to be in Vancouver.

Beauvillier 10% retained
Woo
3rd

Zadorov.

Couple of upcoming UFAs around the same cost.
Flames need scoring, Zadorov wants to be a Canuck and they could use him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Oh it is but again, Treliving. Always. Gets. His. Guy.*

*Offer only valid for participating defenceman, which is all of them. Number one centers and/or impact forwards not eligible for this deal.

I could see those pieces involved but if those pieces are involved it's not just Zadorov

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
His agent is Dan Milstein…. Milstein happens to also be an AGM for the Canucks. Pretty obvious where he’s going.
Would be such a nice fit

Soucy can play the right side

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
His agents tweets and the request to Toronto are telling; dude wants to pad his offensive numbers so get a bigger payday. Good luck to the organization that falls for that trap

Reactions: Galactico
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad