Zadorov, Man-Child?

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
The biggest problem I have with NZ playing in the NHL is that while he can certainly level some huge hits, I don't think he's ready to be on the receiving end. And throwing his weight around like he did briefly last year will get the attention of anyone playing against him. The chirping from the opposing bench had me worried that big-Z was going to be on the receiving end of something less than gentlemanly.

Too bad the AHL isn't an option, because I doubt NZ is ready for the show next year. I'd have no problem being wrong IF he plays his way onto the team.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I might be in a minority with my opinion, but I think Zad will need at least one year seasoning in Rochester, maybe even more. (after his next year in London). He's clearly still searching his game and identity. He has had an identity as an shutdown d-man, which he adopted from Russia. His first year in OHL he played more in a mold of this risk avoiding shutdown d-man, with glimpses of offense. Not until last season he was really depended on more offensive role and responsibility and his confidence did skyrocket. He still needs adjusting finding the right balance between his ultra active and even flasyh plays and more careful and defensive oriented plays. He's not stupid player, but he's not exactly the next Lidström. That's why he needs more time and experience to learn the right balance. I don't think he has found that balance even in juniors yet. And I'm pretty sure he will need to have that adjustment at pro level as well, and that adjustment, at least partly, comes through try and error, and Roch is the right place to have errors.

But regardless of this, I think he absolutely has all the tools and even toolset to become really dominant first pairing d-man (not maybe the true #1 but a real stud with a right partner (like Risto...)). I just think that it will take more time than many of us think. He's physically ready, but his mind is not as mature.

ZeroPT*

I might be in a minority with my opinion, but I think Zad will need at least one year seasoning in Rochester, maybe even more. (after his next year in London). He's clearly still searching his game and identity. He has had an identity as an shutdown d-man, which he adopted from Russia. His first year in OHL he played more in a mold of this risk avoiding shutdown d-man, with glimpses of offense. Not until last season he was really depended on more offensive role and responsibility and his confidence did skyrocket. He still needs adjusting finding the right balance between his ultra active and even flasyh plays and more careful and defensive oriented plays. He's not stupid player, but he's not exactly the next Lidström. That's why he needs more time and experience to learn the right balance. I don't think he has found that balance even in juniors yet. And I'm pretty sure he will need to have that adjustment at pro level as well, and that adjustment, at least partly, comes through try and error, and Roch is the right place to have errors.

But regardless of this, I think he absolutely has all the tools and even toolset to become really dominant first pairing d-man (not maybe the true #1 but a real stud with a right partner (like Risto...)). I just think that it will take more time than many of us think. He's physically ready, but his mind is not as mature.

I'm with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad