Zadorov gives interview where he says Russia was wrong to invade Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers fan here, but had to stop by to give Zadorov his props as apparently this topic isnt allows except for here. Guy is a beauty. At one point I thought he was a head hunting goon, but I’ve gained mad respect for him. He really isn’t a goon, number one, he takes care not to kill guys, and cares about his peers safety, and then he comes out with this interview. Doing what no other Russian NHLers would do and saying what should have been said. Good on Big Z for doing this.

Also, I think from this interview it’s pretty clear where Ovie stands. He supports Putin. Full stop. There’s no debate, Big Z talked to all the Russian players, they met and debated how to handle the war with a joint statement. He knows for a fact that him and Ovie disagree politically. So let’s call a spade a spade, Ovie supports Putin. That’s a fact.

Reactions: Nanuuk and Fig

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Zadorov isn't very popular with Russian hockey fans despite many fans agreeing with his politics. It's a shame.

Despite his good intentions, he always resorts to stereotypes, sensationalism and well-meaning untruths to further his POV, almost to insulting levels
I mean he's talking borderline conspiracy theories at certain times (not the parts about Ukraine though). Unfortunately it serves to under-cut his own credability with his target audience in Russia.

He's an ethical dude, but not very self-aware. He'll be the golden-boy in North America no doubt.

Last edited:

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Zadorov isn't very popular with Russian hockey fans despite most agreeing with his politics. It's a shame.

Despite his correct stance on Ukraine, he always accentuates things with time-tested stereotypes, sensationalism and melodramatics, almost to an insulting level.
It actually serves to under-cut his own position with his target audience.
I mean he's talking borderline conspiracy theories at certain times (not the parts about Ukraine though).

Nonetheless he'll be the golden-boy in North America no doubt.
That may be, but would his opinions really move the needle in any way without the things you call ''borderline conspiracy theories''? Let's say his target audience and Russian hockey fans loved him, would that change anything in Russia regarding anything? My guess would be no, but I'm not Russian so I may be wrong.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
That may be, but would his opinions really move the needle in any way without the things you call ''borderline conspiracy theories''? Let's say his target audience and Russian hockey fans loved him, would that change anything in Russia regarding anything? My guess would be no, but I'm not Russian so I may be wrong.

I was talking within the context of the hockey community, But we hardcore hockey fans tend to think the sport is more important than it really is.
In reality Zadorov is totally insignificant. His words dont change anything.

Now if there was a unified front of all sportsmen speaking their minds, .. okay maybe.

But many sportsmen are Putin supporters because they benefitted greatly from the gov investment in sports, etc. They are where they are because of it. They're the privileged, and many are entrenched in the system.
Self interest rules all.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItWasJustified

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yikes, that main board thread derailed fast.

I'd like to offer a moment to thank our mods for allowing us to respectfully discuss this topic in our own team boards. Also, solid props to everyone who has participated so far and not created a mess for our mods to deal with. Hopefully others that come here continue to do the same.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Big Z has quickly become one of my favourite players from his on-ice play (he seemed to cut out the big mistakes the latter half of the year), but he is a genuinely nice person.

Hopefully the Flames find a way to keep him after this season.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I'd like to offer a moment to thank our mods for allowing us to respectfully discuss this topic in our own team boards. Also, solid props to everyone who has participated so far and not created a mess for our mods to deal with. Hopefully others that come here continue to do the same.
Seconded. :clap:

Fair warning though. If you guys make me actually do moderating work I'm closing this thing. :laugh:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

Seconded. :clap:

Fair warning though. If you guys make me actually do moderating work I'm closing this thing. :laugh:

My bad!

kid-awkward.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ace Rimmer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad