Zadorov adapts quickly in his return to OHL

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Buffalo, NY is just over 230 kilometres away from London, ON — but the distance between the OHL and the NHL is far greater. But when the Buffalo Sabres decided to return 6’5 blueliner Nikita Zadorov to the junior league’s Knights, London’s dreams of a Memorial Cup win just got a whole lot closer to reality.

For Zadorov, the sting of being such a late cut from the NHL has been tempered by his affection for London and its hometown Knights.

“It’s hard. For sure I want to play in the best league in the world, but you just have to keep going and keep working,” he said.… read more

More...

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey

Buffalo, NY is just over 230 kilometres away from London, ON — but the distance between the OHL and the NHL is far greater. But when the Buffalo Sabres decided to return 6’5 blueliner Nikita Zadorov to the junior league’s Knights, London’s dreams of a Memorial Cup win just got a whole lot closer to reality.

For Zadorov, the sting of being such a late cut from the NHL has been tempered by his affection for London and its hometown Knights.

“It’s hard. For sure I want to play in the best league in the world, but you just have to keep going and keep working,†he said.… read more

More...

Nice article. Seems to have a great attitude.
I like it.

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
It sounds like his head is in the right place. Great read.

Zadorov is the kind of player you win championships with. He will be a bonafied top pairing defender in Buffalo for a long, long time.

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Good read. I have been very impressed with Zadorov since the development camp, and for a guy who was thought of as a project he was not out of place in the NHL game. Sending him down was definitely the right move, but I do credit the Sabres for keeping him up while injured to train with the team, get a feel for the NHL, see what he has to get better at, all while not using a year on his contract... overall I feel they handled him pretty well. London is a great spot for him to develop and he'll probably come to camp next year a completely improved player.

Planning on going to the IceDogs - Knights game tomorrow pretty much just to see him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad