News Article: Zadina will be called up in March

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Zadina has been pretty "meh" since going back to GR. Hopefully next season is better for him. Kid has the talent.
They need to build line in GR and keep them together for next year full season.
Zadina-Veleno-?

Christien

May 1, 2010
Zadina has been pretty "meh" since going back to GR. Hopefully next season is better for him. Kid has the talent.
Since he was sent back down with the Griffins he's been battling a nagging injury
“It was pretty tough the first three games that I played,” he said. “It’s still different, you know? It’s still hockey, but still a little different than the way teams play in the NHL. But I think if feel like I can play the way I was before when I got called up.”
Here's the article

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I would just rather we left him in the AHL this year.. Hadn't we called him up the first time he may have really started to get going and built some confidence. Why are we calling him up to the NHL when hes struggling to produce in the AHL lately?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get to watch him play tonight.. But it just doesn't make much sense to me.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I would just rather we left him in the AHL this year.. Hadn't we called him up the first time he may have really started to get going and built some confidence. Why are we calling him up to the NHL when hes struggling to produce in the AHL lately?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get to watch him play tonight.. But it just doesn't make much sense to me.
He hasn't been called up

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Hahah. Wow, not sure how I reached the conclusion that he was. Anyway, I'm happier to be a dumbass in this case than to have Zadina called up, so I'll take it.
Lol. Can confirm he hasn't because I watched him leave the ice after a hit to the head in GR just 20 min ago

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Lol. Can confirm he hasn't because I watched him leave the ice after a hit to the head in GR just 20 min ago

Zadina was hit on the shoulder, not a head shot. He did not see the third Admirals player coming in at him when he crossed their blue line. My seats are in the upper level center ice (press box side) so I had an excellent view of the hit. Hicketts thought at the moment that the hit was dirty, but it was not.

A lot of Griffins fans on social media were claiming a dirty hit at first, but after several saw the video, they are now saying that the hit was clean.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Zadina was hit on the shoulder, not a head shot. He did not see the third Admirals player coming in at him when he crossed their blue line. My seats are in the upper level center ice (press box side) so I had an excellent view of the hit. Hicketts thought at the moment that the hit was dirty, but it was not.

A lot of Griffins fans on social media were claiming a dirty hit at first, but after several saw the video, they are now saying that the hit was clean.
Is he injured?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad