Movies: Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cut of Justice League drops March 18th 2021

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Jonathan Kent's behavior and the way he died was the major issue for me. At least Superman & Lois tv show got it right.

Yea that was terrible. I haven't seen it in a while but I remember thinking most of the Daily Planet stuff was dumb. And as I mention the ending with Zod was complete and utter crap.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea that was terrible. I haven't seen it in a while but I remember thinking most of the Daily Planet stuff was dumb. And as I mention the ending with Zod was complete and utter crap.

I don't think my intelligence has never been insulted as much while watching a movie (well, first F & F maybe and that was all I could watch of that series). Literal character assassination and I've seen many people say that in the livechat during John Campea's shows whenever he starts his MoS praisals.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

According to multiple sources familiar with the matter, Snyder confronted an executive in the studio’s postproduction department and issued a threat: “Geoff and Jon are dragging their feet on taking their names off my cut. Now, I will destroy them on social media.”

A toxic social media movement had already been building around the director since at least 2018, spiking with online cries for Warner Bros. to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut of Justice League two years later. As Snyder’s demands escalated behind the scenes — including for more money to finish his four-hour director’s cut of the film for HBO Max and access to intellectual property so did a flood of attacks aimed at Warner Bros.: calls for boycotts, demands for some executives to be fired, even death threats against them. Fans went after anyone or anything deemed a danger to the so-called SnyderVerse, including directors like Adam Wingard (whose Godzilla vs. Kong launched on HBO Max 13 days after Snyder Cut and stole some of its thunder) and movies like Wonder Woman 1984 (on which Johns was a writer). The onslaught included cyber harassment so severe Warner Bros. security division got involved. (A Warner Bros. Discovery spokesperson declined to comment, “as this matter predates the current leadership and new company.”)

Sep 19, 2008
Can't really complain, the Snyder cut is a million times better than the Whedon cut. And I hate Snyder.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Still have not watched this, will have to try next time I visit my brother back in Montreal as he has Crave streaming which carries HBO stuff I believe.

Sep 19, 2008
Still have not watched this, will have to try next time I visit my brother back in Montreal as he has Crave streaming which carries HBO stuff I believe.
Again I'm not a Snyder fan. I think his poor script writing and addiction to camera effects is troubling. That said, this really was a solid film. Bit long and windy, but the 2nd half is amazing. Plus the Snyder Cut has the great soundtrack for the end and credits which were missing from the Whedon cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad