Zack Smith retires

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I don't mean to pick on Zack Smith here, but if no one wants to sign you and you're not really good enough to play in the league anymore, then you shouldn't get to officially have a retirement announcement. Sorry, just a bit of peeve of mine.

My Best-Carey

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I don't mean to pick on Zack Smith here, but if no one wants to sign you and you're not really good enough to play in the league anymore, then you shouldn't get to officially have a retirement announcement. Sorry, just a bit of peeve of mine.

My Best-Carey
or maybe teams did want to sign him but he didn't feel like playing anymore after his significant back injury and subsequent surgery?

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012

My Best-Carey

I feel like if this bothers you enough for it to be a "pet-peeve" you should probably get a hobby

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

My Best-Carey
Do you think he actually planned to have an official "announcement?" It's more likely he just filed his retirement papers with the league, someone at The Athletic picked up on it, and contacted him to write an article about it.

This isn't LeBron's "The Decision".

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

My Best-Carey

Who says no one wanted to sign him or give him a PTO and he didnt just decide to retire?

My Worst-Cudi

Last edited:

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017

My Best-Carey

Shouldn't 'get to' ?

What does that even mean lmao.

Last edited:

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I was never a fan of his game outside his one season when he became Jamie Benn for a short period of time. But he does seem like a good guy, wish him all the best in his post career.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Found out recently I am related to Zach Smith on my mom's grandpa's German-Russian ("White Russian") side so I wish him all the best.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

My Best-Carey

I don't mean to pick on Carey here, but if all you do is post on a hockey forum and you're not good enough to play in the NHL, then you shouldn't get to voice your opinion on whether or not a professional hockey player is "allowed" to have their retirement from the sport reported to the public. Sorry, just a bit of a peeve of mine.

My Best-Marc

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

My Best-Carey
Yuck. The irony of this is he has probalby made 20 times the money you ever will. Has played at an elite level like nothing you are capable of in any aspect of your life and is still only 33 years old.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
ZackSmithLunge.png

Aug 3, 2010

My Best-Carey
I don't mean to pick on some anonymous nobody of a poster here, but if no one wants to read your posts anyways and you're not really entertaining enough to share interesting takes, then you shouldn't get to have an opinion about someone who is far above your station in life seeing as they're literally a professional athlete who played in the highest league in their sport. Sorry, just a bit of peeve of mine.

My Best-1989

P.S. Best of luck in Smith's future endeavours. He always seemed like a good heart-and-soul guy.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Sigh. I guess all the bust out humanitarians on here feel like I denigrated their hero, Zack Smith. For that I apologize.

My Best-Carey

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Sigh. I guess all the bust out humanitarians on here feel like I denigrated their hero, Zack Smith. For that I apologize.

My Best-Carey
Yeah, that's the lesson to learn here.

Don't consider that maybe anyone who dedicated the entire first ~third of their life to a pursuit and achieved the right to call themselves a professional deserves more respect than you gave them, and people felt compelled to let you know. Don't think about how you maybe shouldn't have said the thing, it's everyone else's sensitivity that is the problem.

two pages (in the offseason, mind you) on sharing a birthday with NHL players but the actual NHL player retiring is just too much unnecessary noise for you.

Reactions: Oryxo and bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad