Player Discussion Zack Kassian

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kassian isn't really this guy though. Maroon was the guy, positivity all around and for more than 20 games, he was the Big Rig the whole time he was here and smiling and getting others to smile the whole time. Kass was so much of a distraction the first 40GP as a negative influence on team. To the extent everybody thought he wanted out of here.

I do agree that you need some guys in a room that will keep the team resilient, that keep a team believing. But that can be a disservice too when a situation with an org is untenable. Where winning just isn't possible.

Burke and Stauffer said Maroon wasn't liked in the room.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Burke and Stauffer said Maroon wasn't liked in the room.

I don't know who Burke is and my tendency is to not believe anything Stauffer is shilling for the free buffet.

jk aside I've wondered about it, and more specifically there just seemed like some bad mojo between Maroon and Lucic and judging from some of Lucics on the bench glares at Kassian I think its Lucic mutually disliking the both of them, which is kind of odd. This is a weird Oilers room to try and make sense of.

That Kassian loves Maroon and the two are friends is interesting to me. Connor was at Big Rigs place in STL as well. That suggests other than he's not well liked. How could someone not like Patty Maroon?

That's like hating ST Patricks day.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I don't know who Burke is and my tendency is to not believe anything Stauffer is shilling for the free buffet.

jk aside I've wondered about it, and more specifically there just seemed like some bad mojo between Maroon and Lucic and judging from some of Lucics on the bench glares at Kassian I think its Lucic mutually disliking the both of them, which is kind of odd. This is a weird Oilers room to try and make sense of.

That Kassian loves Maroon and the two are friends is interesting to me. Connor was at Big Rigs place in STL as well. That suggests other than he's not well liked. How could someone not like Patty Maroon?

That's like hating ST Patricks day.
Maroon was okay. He got more media love than he deserved, but seemed like a likable guy.

P.S. I hate St. Patricks Day.

Reactions: MikeYEG

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Lucic is mad because Maroon (before) and Kassian (now) have his spot.

Does anyone think that signing Lucic was a mistake?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lucic is mad because Maroon (before) and Kassian (now) have his spot.

Does anyone think that signing Lucic was a mistake?

Only always. I thought the Oilers had already added some requisite toughness with the Maroon and Kassian hires. The Lucic acquisition was redundant at best, and turned out to be disastrous.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
Saw Zack today, he was signing player cards (and some personal items for people) before heading back to Edmonton soon. He looks fit, healthy and happy and says he's ready to start the season. Wished him well and that we hope all the player, coaching and staff changes make this an exciting and successful season for the team and players. Also made him chuckle when I told him one of the guys I help out was wearing his Kassian jersey when he had a picture taken with Dave Gagner (Sam's Dad) and Dave was like "oh, you're wearing a Kassian jersey? My son knows him". This was before they became teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad