Player Discussion Zack Kassian Meme Thread

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Kass knows he has a good thing here in Edmonton, he will stick around I imagine. Seems very popular with the guys, and seems to love it here.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Can't imagine they won't get a 2-3 year deal done. If they don't I will be furious. Unless Kassian doesn't want to play here, then I guess the Oil can't do anything. But I cannot imagine that is the case. Chia gave this guy a second chance when many teams wouldn't and I would imagine he has the utmost respect for the organization.

This is what I think as well. I can't see them not re-signing him, and I can't see Kass not wanting to be here. This is the exact type of player and situation where you might get a home town discount. He loves it here, we gave him a legit shot at being a regular NHLer and he's grabbed it and running with it.

Very pleased with him, and I'm super glad that it's worked out.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
As a Canucks fan I'm really glad that Kassian is having success as I was worried he would be out of the league altogether.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He is noticably playing very strong hockey right now. Been playing solid most the year. Kinda feels like he should have a lot more points with how good he has been. I think Dd will help with that a bit.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Solid video, I hated him with a passion after the Gagner incident and him not going with Gazdic. Now Ive got nothing but respect for him, he clearly appreciates the chance that he got from Chia and is making the most of it. His teammates seem to really root for and like him too.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Can't imagine they won't get a 2-3 year deal done. If they don't I will be furious. Unless Kassian doesn't want to play here, then I guess the Oil can't do anything. But I cannot imagine that is the case. Chia gave this guy a second chance when many teams wouldn't and I would imagine he has the utmost respect for the organization.

Take comfort in the fact he is a RFA. The only way he could walk is if the Oilers don't give him a qualifying offer. We have room to protect him for the expansion draft too.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
You would think both parties would want an extension. Somewhere in the 2x2 range seems right. Perfect 3rd liner.

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
Man I used to hate him with a passion. Now he's a real sparkplug.

Thanks Montreal for the freebie.

Thank Calgary. They put Byron on waivers the same day Kassians accident (if I remember correctly)

Montreal picked him up for free and thought it made Kassian expendable

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He is noticably playing very strong hockey right now. Been playing solid most the year. Kinda feels like he should have a lot more points with how good he has been. I think Dd will help with that a bit.
He did have 3 goals waived off in a month

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
During his goalless streak, he got a breakaway and sniped the puck top corner, glove-side.

He was marginally offside.
Saw it live was booing my lungs out. Never showed us a replay and the refs mic wasn't working so no one knew what was going on.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You would think both parties would want an extension. Somewhere in the 2x2 range seems right. Perfect 3rd liner.

I'd even do 3x2 (3 years).

Love Kassian, McDavid seems to be pretty close with him too. You can tell he's a favourite in the locker room by the players reaction when he scores. Plus, Kassian is a good PKer with underrated speed and skill.

He's a perfect 3rd/4th liner as you mentioned who can kill penalties.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Thank Calgary. They put Byron on waivers the same day Kassians accident (if I remember correctly)

Montreal picked him up for free and thought it made Kassian expendable

It did. Paul Byrons actually quite talented. Good for MTL, good for EDM, and bad for CGY. Bad for CGY - coincidentally good for the universe.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Saw it live was booing my lungs out. Never showed us a replay and the refs mic wasn't working so no one knew what was going on.

He would have been onside, but his back foot was 1/2 an inch up in the air so they said offside based off his front foot positioning

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

LESS of this?!?!?!

M2BDxYV.jpg

Does that look like a menace? Look, he's smiling....well maybe he is :laugh:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Basically says Kassian is a knuckle dragger and is one of ten players, the league would be better off not having in it.

What a joke. The guy has more points in 5vs5 situations this year than guys like Galchenyuk, Kopitar, Hossa, RNH, Spezza, Larkin, and Landeskog. He's 80th in the league amongst forwards in points per 60 5vs5 too (minimum 500 mins). That's low end 1st line production. Plus he's had a bunch of goals called back from offside reviews and doesn't have any empty netters. He's just beginning to realize his potential imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00