Zack Kassian ejected for throwing punches after fight is broken up.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
It's just some accidental contact while he threw a blind punch.

Good grief, people! Do we really want hockey to turn into ringette?

I remember the days when Jeff Beukeboom would, after a goal scored against his team and about a five-count after the play was dead, throw a massive elbow into the face of Gary Roberts, five feet in front of the referee who was watching. No penalty called, no suspension, and nobody cared.

Things were a little extreme back then, but it doesn't mean we need total "pansification" of the game, as Mike Milbury once put it.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Did anyone notice Lomberg's stupid face? I'm surprised the linesmen didn't start punching him.
He sure seemed giddy after the fight. All smiley with the lax bro flow. Standing in the penalty box. You’d think he’d actually been involved in a real fight and won!

I no Kassian fan but I’d have thrown a few extra as well.

Reactions: zar

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Good lord. The only one who should get the suspension is the dumbass linesman for breaking it up. This league and it's no-fighting garbage is an absolute joke. If two grown men want to fight, let them fight, FFS. Both players seemed very willing, even with the dumb-ass between them. I have no sympathy for these clowns anymore. The more cross-fire they catch, the better.

No suspension for Kassian. Anything more than what he got would be atrocious.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
this should be a 5-10 game suspension.

aw-yeah-origin_o_461901.gif

Last edited:

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Ok the stupidness and Neanderthal attitude of Lucic must be rubbing off on him lol

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Linesmen should have let em keep going. With how games have been called lately, I don’t feel bad if many of the refs in the league get hit a few times.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
IMO, this is on the officials. Maybe a few errant punches will teach them not to jump in too prematurely, when the guys are in the midst of throwing down.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I hate when one linesman jumps in without his partner.
Its so dumb when they do this. Makes it way more dangerous for the players as well because theyre basically forced to only tie up one the guys and leave them as a sitting duck for the other guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad