Rumor: Zach Whitecloud on the move? (Update: Sent to AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Be really shocked if he was on the move. If he was brought up to be shown off, he would have done a good job at it.

Whitecloud put up good 5v5 advanced stats in his 7 games in the NHL.

61% CF%
100% GF% (3 GF vs. 0 GA)
84% HDCF% (21 HDCF vs 4 HDCA)
75% xGF%

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They already sent Glass back to Chicago so it's not a roster move today.
Edit: apparently it is.

Whitecloud to LA for Martinez

Damnit this is probably true.
Hopefully not. He's been just what they needed. I think what they want is Martinez to play with him though.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
They already sent Glass back to Chicago so it's not a roster move today.

Damnit this is probably true.
Hopefully not. He's been just what they needed. I think what they want is Martinez to play with him though.

Trading a prospect for a 32 year old defensmen is not what this team should be doing right now.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Umm who is whitecloud never heard of him and i actually follow prospects quite a bit

From 2018: Golden Knights sign Zach Whitecloud; NCAA free agent to join team - Sportsnet.ca

General manager George McPhee announced the contract Thursday after Whitecloud finished his sophomore season at Bemidji State. The 22-year-old had four goals and 14 assists in 36 games and was considered one of the top college free agents available.

McPhee says Whitecloud could play games with the Pacific Division-leading expansion team this season but at the very least will learn from some time with the Golden Knights. McPhee says scouts and assistant GM Kelly McCrimmon identified the well-rounded, mobile defenceman early and expect him to be a good fit.

Whitecloud, who’s from Brandon, Manitoba, played for Canada at the Karjala Cup in November and was on the radar to play for his country at the Olympics.

TL;DR version: College free agent who had a good rookie AHL season in 2018-19, offensive numbers are down this year but that's not really his type of game. Projects as a stay at home D. I caught a Vegas/Colorado prospects game in September and I thought Whitecloud was steady enough.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Umm who is whitecloud never heard of him and i actually follow prospects quite a bit
Zach Whitecloud: UDFA signing from Bemidji State originally from Brandon, Manitoba. Signed at the end of 17-18 and played one game for Vegas but was ineligible for the playoffs or to play for Chicago on their run. Spent last year in Chicago. Might have made the Knights out of training camp but got hurt and assigned to Chicago when he was healthy. Has played well since he was recalled from Chicago in 7 games. Currently 23 and will be RFA at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad