Rumor: Zach Whitecloud on the move? (Update: Sent to AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If they move him for Dillon or Martinez I will not be happy. He's been very impressive since being called up. Replacing him with one of those guys doesn't solve the problems of pushing Merrill and Engelland down the depth chart.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I have a feeling that the owner is to blame for this.

I think Foley wants to win as soon as possible due to his age.

I don't agree with it at all.

It's definitely Foley. Even before they played a single game I remember comments from Vegas management and ownership saying they wanted to be competitive right away.

Reactions: Morrison

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
It's definitely Foley. Even before they played a single game I remember comments from Vegas management and ownership saying they wanted to be competitive right away.

Well back then the mantra from management and Foley was "Playoffs in 3, Cup in 6". Sadly that first year success is probably what accelerated the timeline, at least in their eyes. I don't necessarily agree with how aggressive they have been to that end, but I can appreciate they seem to have a vision and are going for it. As a Duck fan too there is nothing worse than a front office that seems to always play it safe.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Doesn't make sense to move him even for Martinez.. Whitecloud seems like the perfect guy to play 3rd pair next year with guys like Holden and Engelland off the books.

Probably just sent down to free up a spot.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He got called up a few games ago and is already our fourth best defenseman. Don't do something dumb.

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
Be really shocked if he was on the move. If he was brought up to be shown off, he would have done a good job at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->