Value of: Zach Parise

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
On what planet is Hall better than Parise? They even kicked him to the curb in Edmonton of all places.

Yeah, Parise had 8 goals in his last 8 games this season. I know you guys can't stand it that he's literally the Energizer Bunny, but he is just going to go hard right back at it next season, like he has a hundred times before. He's not falling off any time soon and he just proved that (before Jets got dirty and cross-checked him like they did).

Jesus, please reach out with your benevolence on this poor individual.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
On what planet is Hall better than Parise? They even kicked him to the curb in Edmonton of all places.

Yeah, Parise had 8 goals in his last 8 games this season. I know you guys can't stand it that he's literally the Energizer Bunny, but he is just going to go hard right back at it next season, like he has a hundred times before. He's not falling off any time soon and he just proved that (before Jets got dirty and cross-checked him like they did).

You aren't seriously suggesting that Parise is better than the possible NHL MVP

are you...?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I don't know why these threads pop up about Parise and Suter with the cap ramifications attached to them. Might as well close these threads as soon as they appear.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't know why these threads pop up about Parise and Suter with the cap ramifications attached to them. Might as well close these threads as soon as they appear.
This one was started as a silly question, but it was a Wild fan that bumped it to make a weird point about the Jets :laugh: A lot of these things are self-inflicted.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I was choked when Parise kinda strung the Devils along and we ended up with no assets before he walked .
However , his first knee injury and how he plays the game to be effective , you knew it would not be wise to sign him to that long term of a deal. He’s no Ovechkin or Hull etc. that can get by with good positioning and a deadly shot . He needs to be going 100mph and his speed and determination gets him points. Once he speed is gone , so is he.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Jesus, please reach out with your benevolence on this poor individual.

8 seasons in the NHL and only just now (in Jersey) has he hit 30 goals. After 8 NHL seasons Parise had 30 goals 4 times.

How many times did Hall lead the Oilers to the playoffs? Even after a career year in Jersey they didn't make the playoffs.

Parise was banged up but there wasn't a hotter forward on the planet in the last month of the season.

Hall was a #1 overall; Parise was a #17 pick who still goes harder than Hall, night in, night out.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
8 seasons in the NHL and only just now (in Jersey) has he hit 30 goals. After 8 NHL seasons Parise had 30 goals 4 times.

How many times did Hall lead the Oilers to the playoffs? Even after a career year in Jersey they didn't make the playoffs.

Parise was banged up but there wasn't a hotter forward on the planet in the last month of the season.

Hall was a #1 overall; Parise was a #17 pick who still goes harder than Hall, night in, night out.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what? Hall's career year was this year, and he DID lead New Jersey to the playoffs?

Also Hall>>>Parise at this moment and its not even close. A much better comparison would be a young Parise was putting up 80-90 points with the devils, but those days have LONG since passed. He's still a good player, but you have to be wearing some serious wild glasses to not see that Hall is much better....

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

buddy,,,,,

I have some news for you

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what? Hall's career year was this year, and he DID lead New Jersey to the playoffs?

Also Hall>>>Parise at this moment and its not even close. A much better comparison would be a young Parise was putting up 80-90 points with the devils, but those days have LONG since passed. He's still a good player, but you have to be wearing some serious wild glasses to not see that Hall is much better....

Much better? No. I won't even admit he is better. Not after Parise just had 8 goals in his last 8 games this season and went a goal a game in the three games he played in against an incredibly tough, talented and big Jets team.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
your gonna have to retain to pawn him off for way less than you want . Hes declining that is a bad contract if you retrained maybe 1.6 Mill you could get a decent package from him something like a Phill kessel 1st + a prospect ( not a blue chipper but decent )

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Much better? No. I won't even admit he is better. Not after Parise just had 8 goals in his last 8 games this season and went a goal a game in the three games he played in against an incredibly tough, talented and big Jets team.

I cannot believe that this person is a real person.

Taylor Hall has 29 goals in his last 45 games

anyways, I dont think you are being serious anyways

Reactions: Rubixpube

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

We're talking about now.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Anyone touching that contract would be stupid so maybe Montreal? Parise remove the e and you have Paris there is plenty of french for you.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
He has been injured a fair amount in the last two years. However when he is on he is on. Hopefully he can get healthy and produce next year again, even at a limited amount. If getting him on that contract and allegic to his pads eventually got, Suter here in Minnesota not Minnie then cool. Trade Value ...NIL

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

So are you comparing careers? Cause that’s like the only argument that can be made here about who was better and even then Hall has prime years right in front of him to go. I think his time spent in Edmonton and not making the playoffs is not just caused by one person. The team around him royally sucked.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He has been injured a fair amount in the last two years. However when he is on he is on. Hopefully he can get healthy and produce next year again, even at a limited amount. If getting him on that contract and allegic to his pads eventually got, Suter here in Minnesota not Minnie then cool. Trade Value ...NIL
He wasn't injured much last year, just sick a few times. This season was out recovering from back surgery from his injury two years ago, thus really it was just the sternum injury that was a new injury.

I think he's past the back issue, and the sternum has no risk of long term complications, so he'll be fine.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
So are you comparing careers? Cause that’s like the only argument that can be made here about who was better and even then Hall has prime years right in front of him to go. I think his time spent in Edmonton and not making the playoffs is not just caused by one person. The team around him royally sucked.

Of course that team ate shit, but McD came in and they made the post season.

Do you foresee Hall hitting 45 goals (or more) in the next several seasons?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Of course that team ate ****, but McD came in and they made the post season.

Do you foresee Hall hitting 45 goals (or more) in the next several seasons?
And this year they missed the playoffs again, so what’s your point? Hall wasn’t the problem in Edmonton and he’s certainly not the problem in New Jersey.

Parise had one 40 goal season. Can Hall hit 40+? Well he just had 39 so I would say he could score that many.

It feels like you are taking this personally and I’m just not sure why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad