Olympics: Zach Parise injured

Jaysfanatic*

Devils are calling it an upperbody injury. It's gotta be serious if Zach misses a game. He's missed two in his career, as a healthy scratch and with the flu. Don't know what this will result in, how long he'll be out, etc. Might be a huge blow to USA hockey if he can't go.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
USA dies with this injury, he better play

Tombernack

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Thats a Chelsea Dagger if true. I'm pulling for him.

Terrible timing.

Especially since the Leafs just finished playing him THREE times last week. :sarcasm:

Sony Eriksson*

Devils are calling it an upperbody injury. It's gotta be serious if Zach misses a game. He's missed two in his career, as a healthy scratch and with the flu. Don't know what this will result in, how long he'll be out, etc. Might be a huge blow to USA hockey if he can't go.

I am sure they are holding out of the games leading up to the Olympics to rest him and not risk aggravating the injury anymore.

Jaysfanatic*

I am sure they are holding out of the games leading up to the Olympics to rest him and not risk aggravating the injury anymore.

I think they're more concerned with the New Jersey Devils than the US Olympic team.

If he can play, he'll play. It takes a lot to keep this kid on the ground.

Something must be really up for him to be out.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

They need to win games. If he could have played, he would play.

That said the seriousness is unknown. He was practicing today.

AK

May 31, 2008
Not to be gloomy, but we might as well just pack it in now if he can't play.

Parise is more important than this team to any other player not named Miller by a country mile. He's the only answer we have to any of the firepower Canada and Russia will throw at us.

XParise9X

The only thing that may be saving this situation is the Devs are playing the Flyers tonight and after a very physical game Monday they may just be sitting him to not worsen a mild injury. He did practice yesterday so it had to be something then. May just be soreness they are being careful with

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Not to be gloomy, but we might as well just pack it in now if he can't play.

Parise is more important than this team to any other player not named Miller by a country mile. He's the only answer we have to any of the firepower Canada and Russia will throw at us.

That's the spirit! :shakehead

Sony Eriksson*

I think they're more concerned with the New Jersey Devils than the US Olympic team.

If he can play, he'll play. It takes a lot to keep this kid on the ground.

Something must be really up for him to be out.

Oh without a doubt he is more important to the Devils but it being what his 1st Olympics i can see him wanting to play it safe and play for his country on the biggest stage of all. Philly like others have said is going to be a very physical game. The Devils will be ok without him for 3 games. Kovalchuk, Langenbrunner and Zajac can all make up for 1 player.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
vader_no.jpg

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Oh without a doubt he is more important to the Devils but it being what his 1st Olympics i can see him wanting to play it safe and play for his country on the biggest stage of all. Philly like others have said is going to be a very physical game. The Devils will be ok without him for 3 games. Kovalchuk, Langenbrunner and Zajac can all make up for 1 player.
The way we're playing right now, there's no way in HELL he's scratched unless it's serious.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
That's it. I hadn't used an avatar in years after jinxing a bunch of players and now I do and Zach gets injured. Anyone with better luck is welcome to mine.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
That's it. I hadn't used an avatar in years after jinxing a bunch of players and now I do and Zach gets injured. Anyone with better luck is welcome to mine.

Sorry for a little bit of OT.

cagney, could you use this one for a while as your avatar, please?

article_17875_2.jpg

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I hope he will be 100% by the time usa plays.

It would suck for any core players of other countries being injured. I am also hoping Getzlaf will be good to go.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Sorry for a little bit of OT.

cagney, could you use this one for a while as your avatar, please?

If I did that they'd probably lead the tournament in scoring and bring Sweden another gold medal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad