Zach (lightning rod) Hyman thread: love him or hate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think we will see a bump this year in Hyman offensive out.

I can see a 28 point to ~ 40 point season in 2017-18 on about 15 goals.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
And we have gone over this. Show me where I have said the bolded. If you can't, stop posting the same old garbage that I have.

so you're agreeing he is replaceable and Babs should be giving another player an opportunity on our top line

if you believe you're posting garbage i agree but don't lump me in with you

How abut you thinking deeper into why those players are there instead of talking about how they can be "upgraded"? How about you admit that what you are complaining about is not only happening here, but on other teams top lines, so maybe it isn't just a Babcock thing...or will you just continue to sidestep and spew the same false accusations at me?

and now you're back to saying Hyman and the rest are irreplaceable and we should just follow whatever the coach/mgmt decide and search for reasons to defend their choices

sorry dude can't do that , i like to form my own opinions on the team

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I think we will see a bump this year in Hyman offensive out.

I can see a 28 point to ~ 40 point season in 2017-18 on about 15 goals.

yup , i can see about a 40 pt season give or take considering his line mates should be around a ppg , hardly think anyone should brag about that however

RLF

May 5, 2014
and now you're back to saying Hyman and the rest are irreplaceable and we should just follow whatever the coach/mgmt decide and search for reasons to defend their choices

sorry dude can't do that , i like to form my own opinions on the team

I noticed you can't find where I ever posted what you said I did and are now resorting back to your typical deflections and interpretation that makes no sense whatsoever. Ironic how you call the coach too stubborn and set in his ways to see any other option...amusing really.

No point in continuing as you cannot have a reasonable debate.

Last edited:

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
yup , i can see about a 40 pt season give or take considering his line mates should be around a ppg , hardly think anyone should brag about that however

If Hyman has at least 35 of those points at even strength (doubt he sees the PP), thats exactly how many points Nylander had at ES last year.

Sounds good to me.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I noticed you can't find where I ever posted what you said I did and are now resorting back to your typical deflections and interpretation that makes no sense whatsoever. Ironic how you call the coach to stubborn and set in his ways to see any other option...amusing really.

No point in continuing as you cannot have a reasonable debate.

lol , you run along now

the problem with you and the Hyman fan club is you can't on one hand say how important he is to that lines success and there's is no reason to try another player in his place and then turn around and say you're not saying he's irreplaceable

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If Hyman has at least 35 of those points at even strength (doubt he sees the PP), thats exactly how many points Nylander had at ES last year.

Sounds good to me.
i'm projecting Hyman's increase in points based on Mathews and Nylander being around a ppg , if the they put up the same amount of points as last season i see Hyman around 30 pts

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

RLF

May 5, 2014

Sounds good to me.

Yep, 35 total with a few in there from PK even would be a fine season for his role on the line. If he could hit 40 would be awesome.

RLF

May 5, 2014
lol , you run along now

the problem with you and the Hyman fan club is you can't on one hand say how important he is to that lines success and there's is no reason to try another player in his place and then turn around and say you're not saying he's irreplaceable

"run along now"lol Who says that? Only thing you have said worth commenting on.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
"run along now"lol Who says that? Only thing you have said worth commenting on.
maybe i should just be like you and agree with everything and simply come up with reasons why the coach/mgmt do what they do like you said i should

RLF

May 5, 2014
maybe i should just be like you and agree with everything and simply come up with reasons why the coach/mgmt do what they do like you said i should

Not really what I said. So unlike you to twist it though when you have no insightful response.
Based on the projected top lines this season, Obviously the smart thing for the head coaches of Toronto, Calgary, Buffalo, Philly, Montreal, Edmonton, Tampa, Winnipeg, Washington, San Jose, Ottawa, Carolina, New Jersey, LA, Arizona and Colorado is to remove the at least one low scoring piece and listen to you. I am sure when you explain how they are wrong because you said so...they will listen.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Not really what I said. So unlike you to twist it though when you have no insightful response.
Based on the projected top lines this season, Obviously the smart thing for the head coaches of Toronto, Calgary, Buffalo, Philly, Montreal, Edmonton, Tampa, Winnipeg, Washington, San Jose, Ottawa, Carolina, New Jersey, LA, Arizona and Colorado is to remove the at least one low scoring piece and listen to you. I am sure when you explain how they are wrong because you said so...they will listen.
You have WAY more patience than I.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Hyman has a fan club?

3115754.jpg

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

How abut you thinking deeper into why those players are there instead of talking about how they can be "upgraded"?

how else should i take what you said ?

how many of those teams have the depth to put a 20g scorer on the 4th line and 3 other nhl ready frwd prospects either in the press box or the minors ? also how many of those teams won't even try another player on their top line , not to mention how many of those players are incapable of making a pass while moving ?

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
What a bunch of garbage Hyman is forced to put up with from the so called fans. This kid wanted to play here so he worked the system to force a trade, then works his ass off every shift to make our star player perform like the star he is, and all he gets for it is a bunch of crap from simple people who think they know better than the hall of fame coach who is at every practice with these guys and the hall of fame management group assembled to oversee it. Let's count the cup rings of the guys making this "bad" decision and compare it to the number of cup rings all the Hyman haters have collected, it should be apparent who is more capable of making the correct decision. I will repeat this in case I was not clear: you are not better at managing a hockey team than Mike Babcock.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Hyman remains a fixture on Leafs’ top line

zach-hyman.jpg

Hard-working winger earns rave reviews from head coach Mike Babcock, ensuring he’ll stay attached at the hip to emerging star Auston Matthews, Kristen Shilton writes.

http://www.tsn.ca/hyman-remains-a-fixture-on-leafs-top-line-1.874551

Hmmm, so his job is to go to the net and screen the goalie, create space and battle for pucks so that Matthews and Nylander can control it. I swear I have heard that description before.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Hmmm, so his job is to go to the net and screen the goalie, create space and battle for pucks so that Matthews and Nylander can control it. I swear I have heard that description before.
so he only scored 6 even strength goals because that isn't his job and he was holding back ?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Right, Zach Hyman makes Auston Matthews the player he is :laugh: :laugh:
I don't know why this keeps popping up. Still have never seen anyone say this.

I feel like this bears repeating. Someone who twists others words around to discredit them is someone who doesn't have a better argument to provide. There are better arguments, so all posts like this do is sink your own cause.

Edit: Saw the post above you. So there would be a first. Though I read that as Hyman busting his chops so that Matthews can do his thing.

so he only scored 6 even strength goals because that isn't his job and he was holding back ?
He only scored 6 goals at even strength because he had wildly unsustainable shooting percentage which is bound to see some heavy regression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad