Zach Hyman vs Kyle Clifford

Who is the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
So someone seems to think that Kyle Clifford could step into Hyman’s spot on the Leafs and do exactly what Hyman does. I disagree cause I believe Hyman is more effective in every area outside of fighting. I want to see what everyone else thinks.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Better player vs better at their job are two different things.

Clifford hits more and Hyman is better offensively.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Better player vs better at their job are two different things.

Clifford hits more and Hyman is better offensively.

This dude was saying Clifford could step into Hymans spot and do the exact same thing Hyman does and be just as effective, do you agree with that?

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
This dude was saying Clifford could step into Hymans spot and do the exact same thing Hyman does and be just as effective, do you agree with that?

Hyman is probably the most underappreciated player on the Leafs. The guy is as tenacious of a forechecker as anybody in the league and while not a offensive dynamo, isn't a liability either as he can move up and down the line-up if need be. He'll hit to make a play, he'll fight if he has to, and just an all around Swiss Army Knife type of a player that 30 other teams would love to have on their roster.

Leafs fans who keep saying "Babcock's son!" are f***ing morons and are the same ones who think "we'll just beat them with our speed and skill...derpy derp derp!" Yeah...how's that working out for us?...

I voted Zack, and can't wait for him to be back in the line-up.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hyman, and it's not particularly close.

Hyman is a good complimentary top six winger. Clifford is a good 4th line winger. You have to have at least a modicum amount of skill to be effective in a top six role. Simply filling the "physical guy on a line with two finesse players" role isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad